Chapter 04

"Well, you see, I don't exactly have the entire story and by the looks of things," he paused glancing back to the ten year old, "we won't be getting it anytime soon."
Steve sighed, "Then tell me what you do know."
"We got into a disagreement over him getting the suit or not. He decided to walk home to get some air. Hours later he's not home, I track his location and find him like that tied to a chair."
"An experiment you think?" Steve asked. This time they both glanced to the oblivious boy. Tony ignored his watering eyes, there was no need to get so emotional, still, the thought of his son being used as an experiment was heartbreaking, especially as he thought of all the pain he must've been put through.
"I sure hope not.." he sighed going to start on breakfast but Steve stopped him holding a hand up.
"I'll handle cooking. You spend time with your son," a longer gaze was set on Julian by Tony. He eventually, slowly nodded.
"Alright, whatever you say, Cap."
He smirked at the light grunt of frustration from him and exited. He sat next to Julian.
"Hey Ju-Ju, what are you doing?"
"Playing a game," Tony hummed looking to the phone automatically tensing seeing it was a game certainly not made for preteens. He snatched the phone up. Scrolling through games and search history groaning as he realized he forgot to make things more child friendly.
"Hey buddy, I think Capscile could use some help in the kitchen. Be a good little hero and help him," he encouraged. Julian's eyes shined bright at the term hero and happily hopped up to do so. 
Tony sighed relieved deciding he'd explain later and went around trying to make the home more appropriate for the 10 year old.
Steve looked over at Julian once hearing him trying to climb up on the counter, "What are you doing, Julian?"
"Dad told me to come help you!" he explain getting situated finally. Steve took a calming breath but nodded.
"Ok. Well, why don't you start by handing me how many pieces of french toast you want?"
The boy nodded grabbing out two pieces and dunking them in the mix that already laid out in a bowl on the counter next to him. Steve tensed carefully grabbing them out and putting them in the pan to cook, regardless he tried to encourage the young boy.
"Good job but next time wait for me to tell you to do that, okie dokie?"
The child nodded, "Okie dokie!" he repeated. Steve chuckled humming as he cooked a few minutes until glancing over to Julian.
Him being silent wasn't at all normal, "Something on your mind, little helper?"
He squirmed uncomfortably, "Promise you won't get mad?" Steve raised a brow but smiled softly and shook his head.
"No, I couldn't get mad at you. What's eating at you?"
He heard a little sniffle making him frown a little, "Umm... Well first I think I lost the pocket watch you go me," he whimpered out, Steve already knew that had happened due to the prior young adult admitted he had lost it while packing, he continued on with his little story, "so I asked dad to help me find it and he said that I don't need it and I think I made him angry..."
Steve sighed, "Well accidents happen things like that. I'm sure it'll come up. As for your father getting angry," he paused, knowing Tony, "I don't think it's anger just frustration. He's probably tired. That's all."
Julian looked up blinking, "You sure?" Steve nodded.
"Pretty sure, adults sometimes just get upset and not mean to."
"He took off with my phone too.."
Steve chuckled a bit, "You can have fun without it, I promise. In fact, I'll show you how after breakfast," the twinkle in the young boys eyes made Steve's morning.
"Cap?"
"Yes?" he asked as he flipped the bread on the other side for it to cook.
"My room was full of boxes. How come, are we moving? I don't wanna leave here. I like it." 
He sighed shaking his head, "No, don't worry little man. You aren't leaving. I promise."
"Then why were there boxes?" Steve sucked in a little breath as he thought of a reasonable excuse letting it out once he found one.
"You know how your dad keeps things messy?"
"Yeah?"
"Well that was his stuff. He was running out of room so he kept it in your room but put it in a box so it wouldn't take up all your space."
Julian scrunched his nose up at the thought, "Dad needs to ask me about that stuff before doing it. It scared me. Were the posters his too?"
Steve sighed with a nod, "Yeah. Yeah, they were."
"He should keep those in his room I don't wanna look at girls in those kinds of outfits."
"Foods done, let's sit at the table and eat," he said quickly turning off the stove hoping to change the topic. Thankfully Julian paid no mind to how fast he was talking and nodded sliding off the counter.
Steve put the bread on a plate and cut it up into little squares, "Get the syrup."
The young boy obediently did so sitting it down. Steve carefully poured the syrup over it as Tony came back looking exhausted as he had to rush to get it all finished, he sat down. Steve arched a brow.
"So Tony, Julian mentioned posters of girls, why were those in his room, he also said you should ask before stashing things away in his room," he stated sharply.
Tony nodded catching on, "I'm sorry buddy. You were busy so Ithought you wouldn't mind."
"What did happen yesterday I... I can't remember expect for waking up in that scary place.."
Both men were awkwardly silent, until Tony spoke, "We were at a party and you wandered off and some one took you, Ju-Ju."
"That's why you need to stay close to your father at all times," Steve said glaring at Tony as he dressed the last four words.
"Glorious morning my friends!" a booming voice announced. Julian giggled at Thor, the god smiled at his joyfulness.
"And who might this young one be? He looks much like man if iron's son!" Bruce, who had come in mere seconds after Thor caught on quickly and cleared his throat.
"Because he is, right?" he hoped looking between Tony and Steve both nodded greatfully.
"But he is 18 thus boy does not look 18."
"Huh? 18?" Julian asked. Tony groaned softly hiding his face in his hands, this was becoming a very difficult morning.