Chapter 01

"Dad. Come on, I'm almost in college, just think about how much stress that'd be taken from you if you'd let me have my suit. I could take the part of America that's farther from you!" Julian tried to persuade, his father, however, was quick to shake his head.
"Absolutely not. Just because you're almost in college doesn't mean that you're mature or ready enough for that," he scolded, "see, there you go rolling your eyes at me. Not mature enough. End of discussion. We'll see how ready you are when you're 22."
Sure enough he was rolling his eyes and sighed looking out the window. He didn't understand his father's views. He was mature enough for his "Ironman Jr." suit. He was 18 for pity sake. He knew what he was doing. It felt like he trusted everyone to be a hero except him. He thought back to two years ago where he thought he was ready and used to sneak out with the suit to use it.

~~Eyes shining bright, the 13 year old looked at his body which was covered in metal. He felt adrediline pumping through him. He felt alive.
"Ok, let's see what this bad boy can do," he felt himself shoot up into his sky and the mask slide down covering his face.
He wiggled his fingers which didn't even meet the ends of the hand piece seeing as it wasn't built for him at this age but rather 21. When he was "ready". The teenager scoffed, "Dad, what does he know?" he mumbled.
He pushed the thought out of his mind deciding to enjoy his time out. This unfortunately caused him to neglect his father's caution of the systems possibly being dangerous since it was being updated despite no use in them. He admired the views from high up. He didn't notice the fuel on one of the legs running out until the full force of the metal pulling on his leg.
On instinct, a scream left him. He was falling, due to his panic. He tightly shut his eyes bracing for pain all over, but it never came. Instead, the sound of metals clanging together rang in his ears. He still didn't open his eyes,  terrified to open them expecting to see himself laying on a car or something and the pain was merely waiting for his realization to kick in.
"What were you thinking?" he heard a voice demand though not in a yell yet. He slowly allowed his eyes to open to see his father's suit above him, "That was dangerous, you could've been seriously hurt." He didn't answer too focused on the relief of being held by his father.~~

Another sigh left the young adult, admittedly THAT was a dumb mistake but he was older, much wiser and had taken off with the suit times after that event, he now had the ins and outs solved, he was his father's child.
"I just don't see why you don't trust me with it dad."
"You're not ready. It's a dangerous world and you need practice-" Julian about spoke up until Tony correct the brief error, "REAL practice, Julian," he sighed before continuing, "besides, you're on your way to college soon, you need to focus on that. Education will help you make good decisions. I want you to be-"
"To be better than you, I know," the son said with irritation, "you always say that."
"Because it's true. Look. Let a just get home. Ok? We're done talking about this."
Julian growled a little, "Happy pull over!" he demanded. Tony's eyes directed to his son immediately.
"Julian Carlos Stark, what are you doing?"
"Good grief, getting some air dad! Can I walk alone at least??" the two glares hardened towards each other.
"Fine. Whatever. Just stay safe and you better be home at a reasonable time."
"Sure, sure," he muttered. He moved to exit until he felt his dad put a hand on his shoulder.
"Ju-Ju-" he went to say something about the nickname but his father beat him to it, "don't start. You know I've called you that since you were born. Anyways, I just want to tell you, I love you. Ok?"
Julian looked down sighing getting out without giving a response. Tony moved his glasses down to rub his eyes tiredly, "That stubborn boy. Go on and continue ahead, Happy," the vehicle started moving again. He couldn't help but spare a look to his son as they passed by him.