Chapter 03

Julian sat on the table as his father poked and prodded at him. The poor little boy's head kept dropping with exhaustion, "Julian, I need you to stay awake for me," as he wiggled the boy's foot gently he heard him mumble something causing him to sigh, being a bit tired himself, "what did you say?"
"Ju-Ju," he repeated louder but still whinly, "Dad, please, I'm too tired for this. Can't we play doctor tomorrow?" he muttered rubbing his eyes. Tony's heart couldn't help but melt a little, "playing doctor".
It was the little fib he told Julian up until he was 13 to keep him from being scared when he did little check ups on him. He sighed softly but nodded, "Ok Ju-Ju. You can sleep. I suppose this can wait til morning," he agreed getting to his feet.
Julian whined a little holding his arms out. Tony shook his head gently ruffling his hair,  "No, you're a big boy. You can walk."
"Daaaaaaad," he moaned sleepily.
"I said no, you can make it to your room by yourself."
With a pout he slid off the table swaying a little. The father sighed kissing the back of his head not needing to bend down too much, Julian had a growth spurt when he was 9 that sent him all the way up to being the same height as his father's shoulder.
"Ju-Ju?"
"Yeah?"
"You know I love you, right, and that I always will?"
The young boy turned to look at him with a raised brow, "Of course I do. Why?"
"I just... wanted to remind you," Julian nodded stumbling his way to his room. Tony sighed softly looking at the clock, officially 3:14, he deciding sleep was probably for the best himself because no doubt, Julian would have all the same energy he had when he was a child.
Sure enough he was correct.
11:23 A.M., "Daaaaaaaaad! Daaaad!!"
Tony groaned a little, a bit more sleep would've been nice, especially seeing as he couldn't fall asleep until 4, his mind racking too much with things to try and fix Julian with.
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaad!!!"
Finally he pulled his head up, "What?? What is it??"
"I can't find it!!!"
He groaned againsliding out of bed, "Find what?"
"The pocket watch Captain gave me!"
He buried his face in his hands, "Julian, you don't need that right now. I could've slept if that was it!" he called back, neglecting the fact that Julian adored it up until he lost it when he was 12, finding it again when he was 15 but losing it again while packing for college.
"I need it!!!"
"For what?"
"It's important to me dad!!" he sighed shuffling his way out of the room.
"Ok. I'm here. Listen buddy, you don't need it. How about breakfast instead?"
Julian gave a pout but nodded, "Ok..."
"That's my boy," he gently ruffled his hair, "What do you want?" he asked already planning on having eggs himself.
"Same thing I have every morning," he muttered laying his head on the table. Tony sighed thinking back.
"French toast," he mumbled now recalling that he went on a kick of it when he was younger, "alright little buddy, I'll get on it," he promised leaning against the counter.
"Dad?"
"Yes, monster?" he looked over to see Julian holding his phone up. The screen held a video of him and Peter. He already had an idea of what was going to be asked.
"Who's that you're with? I haven't seen him..."
"That is..... someone I'm mentoring.." he gave a sigh, it just now dawning on him that the others weren't aware of Julian's latest change.
Unfortunately a speak of the devil, "Tony, what is a child doing here?"
"Ha, you're funny, Cap. You know Julian."
"But Julian is-" Steve stopped, not only was Tony giving him a pleading look to play along but Julian now had a heart broken look that he didn't remember him. Catching the hints he cleared his throat trying to smile, "Well there's no fooling you."
"Uh huh. Why don't you come in here to help me?" Tony insisted motioning him in. Steeve narrowed his eyes but nodded.
Julian, feeling better now that he believed it was just a little joke, waved happily to which Steve waved back to until disappearing into the kitchen with Tony.
"What happened?" he demanded sternly. Tony sighed rubbing the back of his neck.