I stared out the window and felt an odd comfort. I felt like I somehow betrayed myself again, letting these people get way too close to me. Suddenly letting Sasuke get way too close to me, but I closed my eyes and stopped thinking for the rest of the night. Feeling this much comfort, feeling this much better after what was a chaotic day, I had no trouble falling right into a deep sleep.

_____________

I heard somebody grab a pillow and hit me with it, "Wake up." 

"Wake up." Hit. "Wake up" Another hit. "Wake up." Another hit. "Wake up." Another hit. "Wake upppppppppppppp!" Another hit.

"I'm up!" I shouted, making Kakashi chuckle at me and jump on top of me. "Mmm, Minati. You make a comfy bed." He chuckled beginning to try and tickle me.

"Dad!" I laughed, squirming under him. Sometimes I felt like he treated me like I was a young toddler again, it was the father I never got to experience. 

"I love you, Kitten." He smiled.

"Love you too, Dad." I smiled at him, grabbing his hand after he jumped off me and letting him help me up. He walked out of the room, humming a tune.

"No snack this morning Minny, remember the rule! Today is a special exercise and you can't eat!"

I walked over to the bathroom and turned on the shower to warm. I stripped down stepping in and letting the warm water wash all my problems away. For now, anyway.

I stood there for a second. "Okay Minati. It's a new day. Patience, confidence, focus. You can do this, you can do this. You are a part of this team and you will work hard for this team. No I in Team."

I turned off the water and dried of. I shook my ears and tail, scrubbing them dry with the towel. I put on my skinny jeans and a black tee shirt, rushing myself. I was about to apply my eyeliner, twisting the little gel stick up when I suddenly froze in place and dropped the eyeliner pen.

"DAD!" I yelled, trying to sound urgent. He came bursting through the bathroom doors with a kunai in hand.

"Whats wrong?!"

I pointed to my face and hair. His eyes got watery slowly, making me beyond worried. "Dad?..." I whispered softly. "Am I sick or something? Is this normal?"

He gave me a small, sad smile and hugged me. "Minati... You're fine, dork. You're fine. You're just growing up is all... In the Honiari bloodline this is natural, it's just a part of you growing up and your body is changing." He gently lifted his hand to my bangs, ruffling them. I had a couple white tiger stripes going through my bangs but they were no where else. Long, thick, flat black hair and suddenly in a little strip of my hair on the left side were some incoming white tiger stripes. Stretching from half of my bangs on the left side to a little bit of the longer hair, this front left quadrant of my head was slowly changing.

I squealed. My sunshine bright eyes and the black slits long and thin, I was focused on running my fingers through my hair and watching the sudden colors not wipe off. I hugged Kakashi and buried my head in his chest. 

"Oh... Okay... I guess as long as I'm not sick." I smiled at him, trying to conceal my feelings of uneasiness. "Sorry for scaring you, Dad." He smiled and patted my head.

"It's okay, Hun." He chuckled and left. I finished my hair and inspected the tiger stripes a little longer. I was never aware of this! Never aware of this, no one ever gave me any heads up! What the heck!

I finished getting ready and slipped my jacket on normally. Today was a training day. I ran out of the house and out to the designated field, the sun was halfway up. A cool breeze was in the air, the sky was a pretty orange and pink. Sasuke and Sakura showed up together, it looked like she was chatting his ear off. Naruto was not far behind, and we all just sat on the ground twiddling our fingers.