Teamwork

I shrieked and Sasuke jumped, falling on the floor.

"YOU PERVERT!"

I swished my hands from up under the water and splashed Sasuke. 

He smirked at me undressing into his boxers. "Sasuke! There is a girl here! And that girl is me!"

He chuckled and jumped into the water, splashing me back. I swam under water, Sasuke following behind me. He grabbed my ankle and slowly pulled me back up towards him. He grabbed my waist, both of us just floating underwater and trying to stifle our laughs. We floated up towards the surface slowly, play fighting and trying to shove each other back. I smiled.

I... I smiled.

I felt genuinely happy, even though Sasuke seemed to be a cocky asshole who yet, had some weird mysterious, intriguing side.

We had our heads above the water, shouting goofy insults at one another. I swished Sasuke underwater using a small amount of chakra, a decent wave forming and going right into him. I laughed and quickly got to shore to get dressed. I heard Sasuke whistle at me, I hunched over to laugh at him. "Dirty Uchiha!" Laughing, blushing, this whole interaction didn't feel awkward in the slightest... I felt like he wasn't even a stranger. Someone I could just laugh at, laugh with, there was no pressure to try and be something I was not.

"Excuse me?" He said with a playful tone. He chuckled grabbing me from behind and jumping into the water with me.

I shrieked and wrestled with Sasuke in the dark, cool water. I finally inched myself out and we were both dying of laughter, my clothes that I had just freshly put on were now drenched. He got out of the water, coming up a few feet away from me and also getting dressed. He looked at my clothes and continued to chuckle, but then he slowly approached me. I felt the anxiety begin to rear it's head, just a smidge, the aura between us felt a little more serious suddenly.

He held his shirt out to me, looking directly into my eyes. "If you want, you can take my shirt. It'll be more comfortable than the wet rag you're wearing." A slow, cheeky smirk began to cross his lips. But it was sweet, it all felt very genuine and serious. He wasn't kidding.

His black, straight, ravenette hair was thrown around his head, sticking to his neck and forehead. His eyes were aligned directly on me, unwavering. If looks could suck someone up and eat them whole, I'd be a goner. Seductive and dark, mysterious and lustful. Love-craved yet broken hearted. He was a flirt, he enjoyed talking shit, but there was something deeper there. I got a flash of it when he was talking about his revenge story - it sounded like that whole fiasco was his life line. He lived for it and no matter how good of a mood he seemed to be in, those dangerous and consuming thoughts always lingered in the back of his mind. 

His pale flawless skin dotted and damp with water, the small defined lines of his muscles gave me goosebumps to think about and witness.

Minati, stop you creep! Too deep, you're going too deep. I had to shake my head to snap out of whatever trance I had just tripped into.

"Oh... Uh.. No. No, I should be okay. It's a short walk home anyway, but thank you." I stumbled over my words a little, but I looked back into his eyes and gave him a light smile. We began to walk, not saying a word but I could tell we were enjoying just being in each other's company. 

We finally made it to our house and I climbed up inside my room, locking the window. Sasuke was sitting there looking at me through the window. I gave him a little wave, slowly crawling into bed. He watched me for a second longer after I laid my head on the pillow before giving me a soft wave back. The smallest smile reached his lips and suddenly, like a flash of lightening, he was gone.