139. Fight with Hailey Baldwin

Start from the beginning

"Hey Y/n, I would love to talk to you in the other room but I don't really know the house very well since this is my first time here. Could you show me a more private place where we could talk?" Hailey asked me. I nodded my head.

"Sure. Follow me." I said. I decided that a room upstairs would be more private, so I brought her to one of the guest rooms upstairs. As soon as we walked in there, Hailey shut the door and crossed her arms across her chest.

"I don't really like you if I'm being completely honest." Hailey said to me. What?

"Excuse me? What did I do wrong?" I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"There's just something about you that I don't like. You're not good enough for Shawn. You don't deserve him." She said, her arms still crossed across her chest. I held back tears.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Don't take it personally. I'm just saying." She said.

"Don't take it personally? How can I not take your comment personally? You just told me that I don't deserve my boyfriend of six months. Him and I are in love. He loves me." I said. Hailey laughed.

"Yeah right. I doubt he really does love you." Hailey said. That was it. I stormed past her, opened the door, and stormed down the stairs.

"Shawn I have to go." I yelled.

"Where are you going?" Shawn asked, a look of concern etched across his face. I wasn't sure of where I was going to go, I just needed to get out, so I just turned around and walked out the door. I got in my car and knew where I was going to go.

I cried as I drove to my friend's grave. I made the turns automatically. It was muscle memory and a short drive. When I got there, I got out of the car and walked over to his stone. I sat down on the grass and cried my heart out.

Shawn's point of view

"Hailey what just happened?" I asked my friend after my girlfriend stormed out of the house after talking to Hailey for a little bit.

"I just told her the truth. I was honest with her." She said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"I told her that she's not good enough for you. She doesn't deserve you Shawn. I mean, honestly Shawn, how can you love her? You should be with me." Hailey said. That was it.

"How dare you! We can't be friends anymore Hailey, get out of my house and never talk to me again." I yelled, my anger rising.

"Oh come on Shawn, don't be like that." Hailey said.

"I'm going to be however I want to be, now get out of my house and never speak to me again." I repeated. She left my house. I looked at Camila and her eyes were wide.

"You need to go look for Y/n." Camila said. I nodded. "I'll leave. Go find her Shawn. Get your girl." She said. I ran out of the house and jumped into my jeep. The first place I drove to was Y/n's mother's house. She hadn't seen my girlfriend. I drove to my girlfriend's dad's house. He hadn't seen her either.

"Maybe she went to Jake's grave or to her uncle's bench. Check Jake's grave first." Her dad said.

"Okay. Thanks." I said and left. I drove to Jake's grave, and, sure enough, my girlfriend was sitting on the grass crying her heart out. I could see her lips moving. She was talking to Jake. She liked to do that even though she couldn't hear his responses. I walked over to her, and when she saw me, she started to cry even harder.

"Go away Shawn." She said.

"No." I said, sitting on the grass with her.

"I don't deserve you. I'm not good enough for you." She said. My heart broke.

"Baby girl, I'm not friends with Hailey anymore. She told me what she said to you. If anyone doesn't deserve anyone here, I don't deserve you. Baby, you are more than enough for me. I love you." I said. She scooted a little closer to me, but not by much.

"I just, I'm believing what she said." Y/n said.

"Please don't. Come here." I said as I picked her up and put her on my lap. We probably shouldn't be doing this in a cemetery but I didn't really care at this point. I needed my girl to be happy again. "Please know that I love you." I said. Her tears were slowing down and I felt grateful for that.

"I love you too. Did you really break off your friendship with Hailey for me?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"Anyone that says stuff like that to my girl shouldn't be in my life. She won't bother you anymore." I said.

"Thank you Shawn. Wait, what about the publicity stunt?" She asked.

"I'll talk to my team and tell them I can't do this anymore. I want to go public with you baby. I want to show you off to the world. I want everyone to know that you're mine." I said. She smiled at me. By now her tears had stopped.

"Okay. Thank you Shawn." She said as she kissed my lips. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. We pulled away.

"You're welcome honey." I said with a smile on my face.

"Wait, how did you find me?" She asked.

"Well, first I went to your mom's house, and you weren't there, so I went to your dad's house, and he said to check either your uncle's bench or here, so I came here first, and found you." I explained. She nodded.

"Can we go back to your place and cuddle and watch a movie? I want to spend time with you." My precious baby girl asked me.

"Of course honey. Let's just let your parents know that you're okay and then we can go back to my place, okay?" I asked. She nodded. We called her mom and then her dad and they were grateful that we called. We soon left the cemetery and went back to my place. We cuddled up to each other and smiled at each other. I rubbed her back and she rubbed my chest as we laid there on the couch watching a movie, Sully, with Tom Hanks to be exact.

"Baby?" Y/n asked.

"Yes honey?" I responded.

"I love you. Thank you for ending your friendship with Hailey, especially after what she said to me." She said.

"I love you too. Honey, I would move mountains for you." I said. She smiled at me and put her head back on my chest. I'll love her forever.