A Path Turned Difficult

Comenzar desde el principio

Everyone is on the end of their seats.

"Can I read it?" Sarah asked.

Joe then hands the papers to Sarah and the pictures to Camille, the photographer.

"Wow these are amazing pictures! Even better than mine!" She exclaims as she looks through them.

"She is an amazing writer. This is definitely front page worthy." Sarah says going to the second page. Sarah looked at the bottom of the second page and saw in Rory's beautiful script handwriting, the words You may edit as much as needed, this was a great opportunity. Thank you. :)

Sarah smiled.

When everyone in the office read it, besides Mitchum, they put it as the byline.

Rory enters her dorm that she shares with Paris, walks to her room and falls onto her bed. She was exhausted.

This is what happened when she left the meeting room to catch up to Mitchum...

As Rory caught to Mitchum, her phone rang.

"Hello?" Rory asked as she follows from a distance.

"Hey kiddo, listen I know you have your internship right now. I'm very proud of you, but I need you come see me right now. I now I shouldn't say anything over the phone, but I need you to be heiress of the Hayden fortune. You'll be taking over the Law Firm when you graduate. You can do some writing, please come to my office as soon as you can." Chris told her in a frantic voice.

Rory started to get concerned.

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thanks kiddo, see you soon. Bye."

"Bye."

Rory hangs up to her phone, and rushes to Mitchum.

"Mr. Huntzberger, may I take one minute of your time?" Rory asked politely.

"Yes, you may." Mitchum says while he continues to walk.

"I'm quiting the internship." Rory says a bit too bluntly.

Mitchum stops in his tracks, and looks over at her.

"And why is that?" He asked her.

"I have unfortunately have some issues to deal with right now pertaining to family. I have to speak with my father like right now and will not be perusing to be a journalist. I appreciate the opportunity of being your intern, but my path lies else where. Now if you'll excuse me I have to pack up and go." Rory says and swiftly turns to head back to her desk and pack up.

As she packs up her desk, Logan walks in.

"Hey Ace, where you going?" He asked curiously.

"Oh um... I'm leaving the Gazette." Rory said not really sure how to respond.

"Why?"

"Ugh, fine. I quit the internship." Rory said.

As she said that Camille was walking by.

"Your quiting the internship?" Camille asked confused.

When Camille asked this a chain of the same question from everyone else was thrown at her.

"Yeah, my path lies else where. That and I got a very concerning call from my dad. So..." Rory sighs.

Logan gives her a look of confusion.

Rory then gets a text.

She sighs.

"Listen. I gotta go, this just turned into a very urgent matter."

"Okay, I'll see you tonight." Logan gave her a short but sweet kiss on the lips.

Rory smiled, "K, I'll see you tonight. Bye."

Rory grabbed the rest of her stuff, but left a piece of paper behind without knowing.

Logan grabbed it and unfolded it.

It read:

Pro/Cons to be the Hayden Heiress and future corporate lawyer of Hayden Law

He could tell is was unfinished by how there wasn't much written on it.

He then stuffed it in his jacket pocket and headed to have lunch with his dad.

He was definitely not looking forward to it, at all.

Rory drove up to Hayden Law, got out and started heading up to her dad's office.

Once she entered she saw her dad, mom, and both sets of grandparents.

"What's wrong?" Rory asked her dad.

"You have to get married in three years to get the Law Firm and officially be the Hayden Heiress." Chris explained to his daughter.

Rory just stood there shocked.