He clenched his fist, squeezing his eyes shut. He could remember every fight he had with Mikasa, even the one that he had the night his mother died.

It was storming out, the sound of rain hitting the house becoming louder as the wind picked up. Thunder crashed in the distance and the sky lit up with lightning, and I stood before my angry sister, my head practically spinning from the booze.

"EREN!" Mikasa screamed. "YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD! YOU JUST GO OUT AND GET DRUNK WITHOUT FUCKING TELLING US ANYTHING AND WE HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHERE YOU ARE! AND THEN YOU COME HOME ACTING LIKE ITS NO BIG DEAL!"

I looked at her, my eyes entirely glazed over. I was completely wasted. My mother stood in the doorway of the kitchen, watching us with tears in her eyes. She had seemed extremely unwell lately and got really upset at even the smallest of fights.

"Why does it matter to you? Huh?" I said, leaning against the wall.

"WHY DOES IT MATTER TO ME?" She shrieked. "IT MATTERS BECAUSE YOU COULD HAVE DIED EREN. DEAD. IT COULD BE IN A CAR CRASH, IN A FIGHT! WE WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW! YOU COULD HAVE ENDED LIKE DAD! WE CAN'T LOSE YOU EREN! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD DO TO US?"

I glared. "What it would do to you, bitch! What it would do to you?"

Mikasa's eyes widened. "YOURE MY BROTHER EREN! MY LITTLE BROTHER, AND HER SON." She pointed to my almost crying mother. "YOU HAVE A LIFE AHEAD OF YOU AND WE LOVE YOU AND-"

My head was all warm and fuzzy and all I could hear was the screaming and it was so annoying...
"BULLSHIT!" I yelled, stomping into my room.

I heard my mother break into a sob, and then the door opened and closed.

The next morning, when I woke up, feeling extremely groggy, nobody was home and there was a message on the answering machine.

I got a horrible sinking feeling...

The message said:
"Eren Jaeger, please come to the local police station. We need to speak with you."

I looked at my feet. "What have I done this time? I don't remember doing anything worthy of police trouble..."

I pulled on shoes and a coat, deciding to walk to the station.

When I got there, nothing could have prepared me for what they told me.

Basically, Mikasa and my mom had gone out for a drive the night before. My mom was driving, and it was storming out. A deer ran in front of them and, in panic, she swerved and they got in a rollover. They fell into a ditch and something had hit the front of the car. The impact instantly killed my mother, but Mikasa was entirely unharmed and getting checked out of the hospital.

All I did was cry that night, and Mikasa barely spoke to me for a week, because we both knew one thing, but we never said it.

I killed her.

It was my fault.

Just as he felt like he was going to cry, the bartender sat next to Eren, holding the same drink he was. He was very close to him and Eren could smell the liquor on his breath. Looking to his left, Eren looked him up and down. He wore long black dress pants and a grey button up, which was unbuttoned to his mid chest. He had cold grey blue eyes, and Eren detected a bit of interest in him as Levi looked him over, smirking. His face was finely chiseled, and he was about an inch shorter than Eren, although he was extremely handsome.

Eren felt heat rush to his tan cheeks, and his green eyes widened. He felt a tingling sensation in his lower stomach and it felt like his chest had tightened.
"What the hell?" He thought. He couldn't be attracted to him... No. No way.

"You got problems too, eh?"

Eren nodded, clenching his fist again and thinking about his mom.

"Bottoms up, little lady."

With that he clicked his glass against Eren's, and then both of the men lifted them and chugged half of the drinks, slamming the glass back onto the bar table.

Five (or maybe seven) drinks and one hour later, Eren was practically sitting on Levi's lap, giggling as Levi hugged him and kissed his neck.

Neither of them were thinking very clearly. All they could think about was the warmth and attractiveness of the other person, and were a bit caught up in the kissing.

Eventually, they ended up going to Levi's place in his (super nice) sports car.

And believe me, when they walked in that door, shit got serious. And, uh, things happened. I'll leave it to the imagination. ;)