I knew these were Don's favorite so that's why I've decided to wear them to this occasion.

I was fully dressed and accessorized when Denise had pulled up outside and blared her horn. As usual, I made sure I had my necessary necessities before exiting my room and saying my goodbyes to Dad and Wesley.

A lot of people questioned why my Dad was so lenient towards me and he let me go out whenever I wanted to. It was simply because he trusted me and because of the fact I was going on eighteen, for crying out loud! When I was younger, he kept me guarded and I was rarely ever allowed to go anywhere but as I got older, his trust grew stronger for me seeing as though I was honest and I never hid anything from him as y'all can tell.

He realized that eventually he would have to give me my freedom and allow me to spread my wings and that's exactly what he was doing.

"Wow, I was expecting you to be in your usual baggy attire like you always are. What's the occasion for the change of attire?" Denise asks, examining my clothes which was simply a pair of shorts and my cropped T-shirt that matched perfectly with my crisp white converse shoes.

"I just randomly grabbed something when I was picking out my clothes. What's with you and the makeup?" She shrugs and pulls away from the curb and makes her way towards our destination. "I just thought I'd do something new. Do you know what we're going to see at the movies tonight?" Denise asks,glancing between me and the road.

"I'm not sure but I do know that they're showing Boyz N' The Hood with my husband as a leading role." I smile to myself at the thought of Cuba Gooding Jr's fine self. "Who? Last time I checked, Donald wasn't an ac—"

"You shut your mouth this very instant!" She started laughing obnoxiously and I looked over at her, trying to fight off my urge to laugh but I failed. "I hate you, bruh." I shook my head while laughing. "I love you, too." Finally, we arrived to the mall and Denise had surprisingly found a parking spot with ease since the mall was always so crowded.

The both of us exited her car and we quickly walked towards the entrance to get out of this heat. It was barely even June and it wasn't even officially summer yet but the way the sun beat down on us had me thinking otherwise.

A few seconds later, we were in the cool atmosphere of the crowded mall and I was satisfied. "It feels good in here," I spoke as we made our way towards the food court where we saw the rest of the crew.

The four of them all sat at a table while Joel and Cedric were acting out and Donald and Dalvin sat back chuckling at their antics while eating their food. "Did your mama not teach y'all any home training?" Denise says to the both of them as we approached their table. "Obviously yours didn't with you coming out of the house with your hair all over your head." Cedric says and Denise flips him off before pushing him out of his chair and sitting down next to Joel, causing us all to laugh.

"Hey y'all." I shook my head and pulled another chair up to the table and sat in between Donald and Dalvin. "Wassup? You look good," Donald says and I smile, thanking him. "K-Ci, man, get off the damn floor!" Donald says and Cedric groans out.

"She broke my back. I'm suing her poodle looking ass." He dramatically groans causing me to shake my head and eventually start laughing at his dramatic antics. This was nothing new, though. If it wasn't Denise and Dalvin going at it, then it was definitely her and Cedric. I was all love, though.

"I probably did. You know he's made up of skin and bones anyways." As soon as Denise says that, Cedric stands up and squares up. "What's really good though?" He asks and we laugh at his antics. "Sit yo ass down, man." Joel says and Cedric pulls out another chair and he squeezes his way in between Joel and Denise.