Miyuki's POV

I don't remember what happened. I felt light as air, as if I was flying through the sky. I could hear the soft chime of bells and a bright light in the dark distance, it shined brightly and there was a voice calling my name. It sounded so familiar "Miyu-chan! Miyu-chan!" My heart dropped. I knew who was speaking my name, it was my little brother, Haru. The bright light suddenly came rushing at me and I had to shield my eyes from the light. Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I found myself standing in the field of flowers in my old home. it's where my grandfather and grandmother lived happily...till that fire broke out and burned everything to ash. Including Haru and my grandmother, I could still hear their screams filling the black Smokey sky. My older brother managed to save both me and my grandfather but Nana and Haru were lost to the raving fires. None of us left there intact, we all lost something that day. A small hand grabbed mine snapping me out of my dark thoughts of the past, I looked down to see Haru small self smiling up at me. I couldn't help but fall to my knees and hug him "Haru! Haru!!" I cried loudly as he stood there confused "Miyu-chan?" he asked and pulled away to look at me "why the tears? It's Haru's birthday today! There should be no tears of sorrow but happy ones instead!" I whipped my head behind me to see my Grandmother standing there with a kind smile on her face "Nana!!" I picked haru up and ran to her, she hugged us both. Haru wiggled his way out of our hold and huffed "Men don't hug! We fight!" he said pretending to fight like a pirate "my little mans growing up!" my grandmother laughed as Haru beemed proudly "I will protect my family no matter what! Even if the evil broccoli man comes!" he said boasting himself and laughed. My grandmother's smile faltered "You should be with you're friends Miyuki, It is not your time." she said as we both watched haru run around following a butterfly "Nana?" I asked turning to look at her as she cupped my face with her hand "Go dear, They still need you." she said as haru came back and held her other hand "We'll play soon, right Miyu-Chan?" I could feel my heart start to break "Yes, We will." I said kneeling down once again, trying my hardest not to break down again. I wouldn't know if I could pull myself together again. Haru held out his pinky "promise?" he asked a sad look in his eyes "Promise." I mouthed unable to speak and held him tight in a hug. Haru buried his face in my shoulder "I don't want you to go Miyu..." he said and began sniffling "now now, the birthday boy shouldn't cry on his birthday! he should smile and laugh all day long, right Nana?" I said pulling away and drying his tears. She smiled and carried him "Its time to go." she said simply and Haru wiped his eyes "but why does she have to leave?" he asked sadly and she smiled gently "because she's the last of her kind." he looked down and then up with sad smile and waved goodbye "I don't want to go back, I want to stay here!" I said standing up and reached out to them. They began to be pulled back along with the flower filled field and everything else, but me. "We love you." They said together waving goodbye "NANA! HARU!" I yelled but It was too late, I was thrown into the dark abyss of my mind again.

I was awake now but had my eyes closed. I wasn't alone, the bed shift a bit meaning there was more weight added, I felt a cold aura over my body. ' It's cold. I haven't spoken to Big Brother in a while now, nor have I spoken to Grandpa either. They must be worried sick. I want to see them so bad, I miss them both dearly.' I thought to myself as the cold arura over me retreated. I felt the softness of the blanket reach my chin, tickling it slightly. The door opened and shut, I was alone. I couldn't hear anything but my own breathing. I sat up with open eyes looking at my surroundings "where am I?" I asked and turned my head only to wince and hold the back of my neck, it hurts. I heard footsteps nearing the door to where I was, I quickly laid down without making a sound and closed my eyes. I relaxed my tense body and calmed my pounding heart. I evened out my breathing so now it looked like I was still asleep. I heard hushed voices and then the door opened and shut again, there were quiet footsteps and then a warm presence was felt over me, I missed it as soon as it pulled back. I felt it next to me. whoever it was held my hand in a firm but warm grip. The sound of their voice breaking made my heart twist in a painful way even if I could not hear what they were saying exactly. I felt something warm fall on my hand. "why wasn't I there?" was the only thing loud enough for me to hear. I recognized this voice! My eyes opened and I turned my head to the side to see that oh so familiar red mop of messy hair "Shinwu?...." I called out, something told me from within that it was him. He looked up in an instant with red teary eyes and was smiled happily. I felt happy as well and pulled my hand out of his grasp leaving him confused, I sat up and opened my arms out wide. Inviting him for a hug, I desperately needed one from him. I felt my own eyes begin to water "Shinwu" I said again my voice slightly breaking a bit and my voice almost a whisper. He threw himself on the bed and laid on his side holding me close to his chest, I began crying as his warmth engulfed me "I missed you! Shinwu!" I cried loudly not being able to hold myself together any longer "I've missed you too miyu!" he said using my childhood nickname "I'm so sorry, miyu. I should've never left you there! Back in that damn hospital!! If I had known what would happen, you wouldn't have been there!" he said angrily and held me tight against him "you didn't know what would happen, its not your fault!" I countered burying my face in his shirt no doubt wetting it with my tears "of course it is! , if I hadn't left you there then I wouldn't have to worry finding you de-" he was cut off by the door opening revealing Frankstein, Ikhan, and Yuna.

Frankstein sighed out as yuna began scolding Shinwu it wasn't okay to share a bed with an ill person, more importantly if its a girl. Ikhan trying to lighten up the mood in the depressed room said "yuna, that sounds like your jealous of miyuki.~" she turned red and denied it while crossing her arms over her chest. I watched it all unfold and smiled dying my tears "here, you'll hurt your eyes rubbing them like that." the counselor said handing me a handkerchief "thank you sensei" he smiled with his eyes closed "You're welcome" he replied and before he took back his hand I reached out and held it both in my cold ones "thank you sir, for saving me from them." I said causing the once light mood go back to a serious one. Shinwu was no longer a teary sentimental mess, Instead he was stone cold and his words were as icy as I felt when he spoke "what do you mean 'save you from them' Miyuki?".

(Fun Fact: Today <Jul 1> is indeed my younger siblings birthday. I spent the following days planning his party, I'm sorry for the delay. Next update will be next sat.)