Chapter 1

A/N: Hello Everyone!! Hope you enjoy my book :) I've been working on it for a while but I am the only one editing it so if you do see any mistakes do not hesitate to tell me! All you "grammer nazi's" are welcome (as long as your nice). I know where my reaccuring mistakes lie so I've done a preeeetty good job.. i think :) For examply my "my"s and "me"s for some reason get mixed up sometimes... hmm, I really don't know why. 

Chapter's will be updated on my weekends, BUT I am pregnant and that makes me veeeeery sleepy and forgetful... lol

                                                                                     *****

My eyes open, wide awake. Not sure exactly what jolted me but I jump up and run to the bathroom. Happy Birthday to me! On this day my twin Juliet and I are seventeen. It seems like we have been waiting forever for this moment. My dad has a rule about drivers licenses. He thinks sixteen is too young so we have to wait a year longer than everybody else. I look in the mirror to see if I look any older, maybe a little taller. No such luck. Infact, I may even look smaller, if that’s possible. We have always been the smallest in our class since… birth. We look almost identical except I'm blonde and she's brunette. She’s older by a couple minutes and you can tell, but I don’t mind. I never carried responsibilities well, while Juliet thrives on it.

I look at my clock and see that it was five in the morning, way too early to be up. It’s also our first day of school as juniors at a new school. Our old school was Clewiston High School, home of the Tigers, Grrrrr. Now we are going the Moore Haven Junior-Senior High home of the Terrier... bark? It does not help that we were a month late into school because we have been on vacation. My Parents, Westin and Violet, could never have their own kids so they decided to adopt. I guess after the first one they got on an adopting kick because there are seven of us now.

I make my way back to bed to get maybe another hour sleep. Walking back to my bed I try not to trip over all the boxes our room is full of. We move around a lot, I guess because of our parent’s jobs. We never move too far away though, just different houses around the Florida Glades. Sometimes even just around the block from a previous house. This house is by far the most beautiful we have ever been. All dark red brick with white wood trim, a single porch that wraps around the entire house. It even has a gazebo and small lake in the back yard with white lilies in it. Needless to say it’s not fit anywhere near that classic Florida home. Besides the heat, and the swamp not to far away, you would think you up north. I hope we stay here for longer than the last place. I know it is kind of spooky, but this house has a secret tunnel in the basement that leads out into woods in the back yard. My dad said it was probably owned by the mafia and that was their escape route. Awesome!

Our parents have also been really big on traveling and vacations. They want us to see as much of the world as we can before we grow up I think. Sometimes they take us out of school for a month or so randomly to go on a long vacation and we do school online or just homeschool for a semester. I always loved those times in the car just listening to music and watching the sceneries go by. We have had a really good childhood. But, besides my parents providing a good life for us, they haven’t provided anything else. No information about their childhood, our adoption, or anything from our past. Whenever we ask they find an excuse or say they “just can’t remember”. It has really bugged us, naturally. When we were younger it was not a big deal, but now it is. Our 5 brothers were all adopted too but, it seems a bit different with them. I lie back down in my bed and let my mind drift. Now that I’m older I see how strange our living is. I feel it too, I just cannot put my finger on what is different now.

Suddenly I hear Juliet’s breathing getting heavier and more rapid. I sit up and look over at her to see if she is just dreaming. She is curled up on her side away from me. Her honey brown hair is piled on top of her head in a messy bun. I start to see sweat build up at the nape of her neck.