14. Hangovers and Realizations

Start from the beginning

His eyes locked on mine, and his lips quirked into a tight-lipped smile, "You do?"

"Yeah I do, he sure was annoying as hell, and a bit cocky. But that's who you are Graham. I need him back so we can help and support each other till Alexa gets back,"

His forehead creased and his smile faltered slightly, "Yeah. Glad to know I'm truly an annoying cocky irresponsible asshole,"

"I never said you were an asshole," I pointed out. He frowned and I could tell that he was losing his patience.

"Graham, you are more than what people perceive you to be-"

His brows lowered, and I swore I've never seen Graham looked so sad than I did then.

"That's what people perceive me to be? A cocky, annoying Duke?"

I didn't know how to respond. A lot of the other Princes and Princesses agreed that Graham and a few others were a little full of themselves. A bit self-absorbed and uncaring. Alexa confirmed this perception of him when she'd frequently complain about his indifference towards her and his vanity. But now, I didn't know what to think. The last thing Graham had on his mind was himself, he was unbelievably caring and I couldn't have asked for a better person for support.

"I'm not going to lie to you. But they do. I even did at first-" I started to say.

He winced, his eyes shutting closed.

"But, I see now that you're more than that Graham. You're a pretty funny, caring, thoughtful guy. And maybe if you spent less time on yourself, and interacted more with others, they'd truly see the real you."

He pondered over my words, as he bit his lip. Finally, his eyes flickered to the camera, directly at me and he smiled his usual dazzling smile that I liked.

"I hope even when we get Alexa back, we can be friends,"

"I promise you, Graham, we will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALEXA

Saturday 11th August

I woke up the next morning in Nate's bed. As my eyes flickered open, I immediately groaned as a wave of nausea rippled through me. I shut them closed immediately and let out another miserable groan.

"Oh look she's finally up!" I heard Isaac yell. I was certain that he had said that calmly but for some reason, every sound had seemed to be amplified, triggering my migraine.

"Hey sleeping beauty," I felt a warm hand touch my forehead, and without opening my eyes I knew it was Nate's.

"Nate, I feel like death," I whispered, as I feared for the combustion of my head if I rose my voice any louder.

"Well, that's what you get for drinking five tequila shots," His hand retracted and I could tell by his tone of voice that he was disappointed.

Five? I was only aware of the two shots that I had drunk with Shaniah, the other three I must have drunk when my brain began to become blurry.

Nate sat the edge of his bed and my eyes slowly opened to look at him. I couldn't have even remembered how I had ended up on his bed.

"Do you remember anything from this morning? From the lounge or even when we got back here?"

Shit.

I searched my brain for any recollections but another wave of nausea rippled and I shot off the bed and shuffled as fast as I could have to the bathroom. I swung the door open and collapsed before the toilet, spilling all the contents into it.