Chapter Twenty: Maybe So

Third person POV___________

The village hidden in the leaves was being attacked.

Shinobi were trying to save civilians and most were in state of panic. There was also the shinobi who bravely tried to defend their village.

Most of those laid dead on piles of rubble but in Hatake Kakashi's case he laid dead half-buried in the rubble of what probably was a building at some point.

Sakura Haruno had joined the fighting shinobi trying to protect the last surviving Uchiha-Uzumaki child. It seemed that Pain had decided that the last living child would be a good bargaining chip against the Nine-Tail Jinchuriki.

Hinata Hyuga was on the other side of the village trying to help the surviving people out of the rubble.

Tsunade Senju was working hard to heal the people of her village. Her eyes filling with tears as the entire village was turned into a giant crater.

Shikamaru was helpless being that his leg was broken and he could only watch as the chaos unleashed.

Choji was mourning his father's deaths and relaying the information to the Yamanaka about pains abilities.

The village was a multi scene attraction of disaster.

And there was suddenly a large summon.

_________________

Naruto POV

When I summoned myself I realized that something wasn't right.

My village was gone. All that was left was a bare landscape. The borders were the only thing still standing all the buildings were gone.

'The village..... it's gone.' I thought to myself as I used my sensor skills to sense and see where everyone was.

' People are here, they are just trying to get out of the rubble, Do you think it was akatsuki?' kurama grumble from within.

A man came to view, he had orange hair and piercings all over him and he wore an Akatsuki cloak and was making his way towards me. Had he done this to the Village and were was Sakura and the twins?

'Whatever happened here was done by someone strong, kit you better not take this fight lightly.' Kurama grumbled as he used my senses to get a better scope of the damage.

"Come quietly and spare me the useless battle I will leave this Village alone if you come with me compliantly Kyuubi." The Akatsuki member spoke. "This chakra there is no doubt about it he is the same person who killed Jiraiya boy." Grandma toad spoke. I could feel anger boil inside of me as I glare at the man. He killed pervy sage.

" You are right I killed Master Jiraiya but it was for the greater good, It was his goal to make peace and I will carry out his wish and create true peace in the shinobi nations." he spoke calmly but he just fueled my anger even more.

" Don't you dare speak of Pervy sage like that. Don't act like you know him or understood him! You claim wanting to start peace but you do the opposite you cause destruction and more suffering! Look what you have done to my home." I hissed out as Five people jumped down beside him.

" I knew him and understood his goal. We are fellow students of the same master and it seems out of the two of us you never really understood his teachings or what he was really striving for." He replied and the first attack was thrown.

Large summons ran towards us and I glanced down at Gamabunta. "Chief toad I'm sure you and the others can handle these ." I say as I jumped down to attack the closest enemy. No matter what I did I couldn't seem to land a hit on him.