[| Chapter 2 |]

The pain is unbearable now, I stand up with the left amount of strength I had, clinching my neck trying to massage it so it would stop burning. I walked around the harbour and tried to stay as inconspicuous as possible, trying not to draw attention. I walked near this station which lifts containers onto ships, I stood behind a corner trying to breathe. I heard footsteps right around the corner, I smelled the delicious smell of human blood. 'Why was this human blood smell so delicious to me?' I thought. I waited for the right moment and attacker the person, I tackled them to the ground and sinking my teeth into their neck. Probably breaking their wind pipe in the process, I started to notice that the burning sensation was relieved and that's when I started to realise it. I was a vampire. A new born is what that man said. 'So I'm a new vampire?' I thought.

"Wow, what a messy eater you are". I heard a males voice, I looked up and saw the man from last time. He was smirking. I looked down at the man I just killed, there was blood everywhere. Some of it was trickling down his neck and some was smeared on his face. Then I felt some run down my chin onto my neck. I was frozen in shock. "I'm Riley by the way" he introduced himself. "I'm Emily" I replied. "Am I a vampire?"I ask. "Yes, you are. Well since you got the idea quickly, allow me to explain the rules, since I'm your creator you have to listen to everything I say. Otherwise you die, disobey me, you die. Don't go into the sun or you'll burn, and be careful of stakes. They can kill you, remain in the shadows at all times, when you hunt dispose the bodies and try and hunt inconspicuously" he explained. I never knew vampires actually existed, I knew the fairy tales and stories my mom used to read to me about them. Never knew something like that could exist.  "Come on, you've had your hunt. Time to head back" he said in a demanding tone. Since one of "his" rules was not to disobey him I instantly followed that rule. Being scared he might kill me. We walked back, joining the wild house once again. "You know, considering you're just new I'd never thought you'd actually listen to me" he stated. "Well I have to follow the rules" I replied with a awkward laugh. "Yeah, well I better check the others. I don't want anyone else getting killed tonight" he said bluntly. "Everyone else?" I asked. "Yeah there are others like you and I, that have also been created" he stated. 'Others?, how exactly many?'.