Chapter 39

Adriana POV

"Our mission was to bring back Klaue. We failed" Okoye said as we stood around Ross in their quinjet.

"This man is a foreign intelligence oppilative. How do we justify bringing him into our borders?" She asked and looked at me.

"He took a bullet for me" Nakia added.

"This was his choice"

"So now what? We are just supposed to cast him aside and let him die?" Nakia questioned.

"Let us consider that we heal him....it's his duty to report back to his country. And as King....it is your duty..."

"I am well aware of my duties General" T'Challa snapped. "I cannot just let him die, knowing we can save him"

"Where exactly are we taking him?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We rushed into what looked like a lab. A young girl rushed in to look at him as we pushed him in the stretcher.

"Great, another broken white boy for me to fix" the young girl said and then looked at me.

He eyes widened and she rushed to stand in front of me. "Oh my God! Dr. Booth. Big fan" she said taking my hand.

"Shuri, not the right time" T'Challa shouted. I just stood there not knowing what to do.

"You are my biggest inspiration. It's a dream to meet you.." I cut her off.

"Yeah. Yeah...nice to meet you too. But you have a dying man. You must save him" I said smiled half. She retreated her steps still looking at me.

We all entered the lab. Shuri, the young girl lifted the hologram of the injured spine of Ross. And examined him.

"He'll live" she said. I signed in relief. "You never said me you were bringing her brother" she said to T'Challa.

I narrowed my eyes. "You have a sister?" I asked him smiling. T'Challa stood beside his sister.

"This is Shuri. My sister. And the inventor of all this" he said. I looked around. It was indeed a very Hi-Tech lab.

"So this is where you got those big sized quinjet. And your suit" I said. He nodded. Shuri nodded vigouresly.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "How did you know about me?" I asked.

"After I met you. I wanted my sister to meet you. But situation didn't prevail. But I told her all about you. Your works and your powers" T'Challa said.

"It's an honour to meet you" Shuri said. "I just...I don't think I'm this deserved. I just love what I'm doing" I said.

Her bracelet bead strated to beep. "W'Kabi is here" she said. T'Challa made his way up.

"I'll heal him. And then I want to show you ally designs" Shuri said.

"Sure" I replied.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Your brother never said anything about this to me" I said looking at her works.

Very impressive and she is one hell of a genius. Her way of moving Vibranium around, her suits for her brother, her weapons..everything was exceptional.

"You are the most intelligent person I've even seen." I told her. She smiled proudly.

"Ms. Booth, I've built a lot of weapons. But I still need to learn more" she said.

"Will you teach me?" She said. I scrunched my eyebrows.

"You are way too smart that me. Smarter than any person I've ever met. You don't need a mentor" I said.

"Thank you. But I want to" she said. I looked around again.

"Fine. I will not be your mentor. Probably a partner. I can help you build weapons" I said. She bumped her fist in air.

"So, what is your story. I never knew that Wakanda was such a resource ful country. Care to tell me everything?" I asked. She nodded.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shuri explained me everything. Right from the past about Black Panther, to the present how T'Challa defeated another tribe head called M'Baku to become the king.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was outside Shuri's lab, going through each and every design of the weapons of the entire country.

It was rather very impressive. If Wakanda tries to share it's resources with the outer world, there would be a great change.

And the designs we're very interesting. As I was going through, Shuri came outside with Ross.

"Hey there..how are you feeling?" I asked him. "Good. Other than the shock I am going through in believing  this is Wakanda" he said.

"Trust me. I am too" I said. "We have a bit of situation" Ross said.

"Why, what happened?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Erik Stevens, graduate at Anaapolis. Age 19, MIT grad school. Joined CIELS and went straight to Afganistan and confirmed kills like it was a video game," Ross explained.

"He started calling himself Killmonger. He joined a ghost unit. They would usually drop off the grid so they could commute assasination and take down governments" I said.

"He is efficient in all ways. Smart, intelligent, and with his name..should be an expert in killing" I added.

"Did he reveal about his identity?" T'Challa asked.

"He has a dog tattoo. But we have no record of him" Shuri said.

"So, he killed Klaue. And he says that he is a Royal Blood. What are you gonna do?" I asked T'Challa.

He looked intently at the hologram of Erik.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was alone with Ross in the lab.

"It's tough isn't it? After the Accords, the Avengers breaking up, being away from Stark. From Captain" he said. I looked at him.

"Coping up. Trying to move on and terribly failing" I replied.

"Everyone has to go through a phase. I am, right now" I added looking down.

"Thank you Mr. Ross. For calling me. At least I could keep my mind off stuff" I said. He gave me a smile.

"I just wanted to work with you" he said. Both of us smiled.

We were still in the lab. Not knowing what was happening outside. With T'Challa and Erik.

Nakia burst into the lab covering herself with a blanket.

"What's wrong?" Ross asked as she threw blankets towards us.

"The king is dead" she said. I looked at her shocked.

"What are you saying?" I asked. Tears pooled her eyes. "He's dead. Come with me unless you want to join him" she added.

I stood there not knowing what to do. A tear ran down my face.

"Come with me Booth. His is the only chance of survival" Nakia said holding my hand. I snapped out looking at her.

I nodded and all three of us rushed outside. The King was dead. T'Challa was dead.

Read. Vote. Comment.