Chapter 19 : She Left

Start from the beginning

"Really? Nidhi akka and pooja in her house. Doesn't go well in one sentence"bhoomi said. Making sristi grit her teeths.

"That's nice. You should go and attend it srishti"Radhika said. Making srishti sigh.

"Um. I don't know. I need to think. And I'm not that close with nidhis family"srishti said and she wondered. When did she actually learn to lie like this to her parents. She felt bad deep inside. But there was no other way.

"What's there to think? I think you should go. And wear that saree Vedhika bought for you"

"Amma seriously saree? You know I suck at wearing sarees. You remember my farewell day right. How I messed it up"srishti said. She imagined jai seeing her in saree. She imagined it like a movie scene and played it in her head. And giggled. She was feeling butterflies.

"May be saree is a good option"she considered. And blushed.
.
.
"Srishti where are you lost?"jai snapped his fingers in front of her. Making her startled. She realised that she was lost in thoughts and didn't realise that she'd reached dining room. Her eyes widened in surprise seeing the table filled with different varieties of dishes. Almost 100 types of curries were there. And it occupied almost half of the giant dining table.

"Srishti why are you standing. Sit know"Shruthi said. Making her hesitate. And pump her fist in tension. Seeing her nervous. Jai decides to ease her.

"You okay?"he asked. Noticing her face. She looked at him for a second and quickly lowered her head.

"I....I want to get back home...it's already late"she said.

"You're not leaving without having food. See srishti. You're our guest now. So please be comfortable. There's nothing to be worried of. I'll drop you back home in time. Don't worry"he said. Giving her mini heart attack. The thought of him dropping her of. Made her nervous and scared. But she nodded.

"So come sit"he said. Pulling a chair for her. She stood nervously again. Making him stop.

"Srishti? What happened?"

"I....can't have it here...I mean this is your family. I'm only an...outsider sir. So..I"

"What? Srishti come on. You're not an outsider. And no one is even an outsider for us here. Everyone is family for us. And that very well includes you. You have no idea how much my family owe to you for saving me. It's a very big thing. And what we are doing is only a small thing in return. Please don't stress yourself. I want you to feel comfortable. With us. With me"he said. Making her go awe of him again. Her eyes slightly moistened. All this while she didn't dare to look straight at him.

"Jai is right"kumari joined them. Sristi smiled slightly looking at her.

"And I've spent hours making all these dishes. Keeping in mind that someone special is going to be here tonight and that's you. Please do have the dinner srishti. It would mean a lot to me"

"But madam I..."she hesitated.

"Akka would be sitting with us"the kids grabbed her hands. And took her away before she could protest. Deep inside jai felt a bit bad. That she wasn't besides him. He couldn't take a look at her properly as she was the in the last corner of the dining table along with shruthi and kids.

Srishtis plate was filled with food and she didn't knew what to do. Kumari nudged her to eat. She felt awkward as she was an outsider amoung their family members. Ganesh being present there. Made her relax a bit. She saw how her family treated her and everyone else around her. As their own. They were all disciplined in the dining table. Srishti. Ofcourse couldn't eat the food well. As she was still nervous. But she very well knew it tasted so damn good.