Dead Alive

Okay so, this outcome, right here, was the lowest in the list of all possible outcomes that happen as a result of, you know, jumping off a freaking school roof.

Its kind of bitter sweet really, kind of taking the piss to be honest, a real ironic twist and, I'm sure, absolutely hilarious.

You see, as hinted above, young Izuku Midoriya here just tried to killed himself. As a result of practically a life time of bullying from a 'friend' and then acting on, probably looking back at it, the only good advice the 'friend' had ever given him, he jumped off of a roof. Didn't stick the landing to say the least, though I don't think I needed to tell you that.

Most of him is together. I say most there is a lot of him all over the, well everything but that's mostly the blood. His blood.

Now the ironic and most funny thing is while Izuku did 'die' he's actually sat up, awake, and is now surveying the awful mess he's made of himself. Again I'm saying things like 'sat up' but what I mean is he's pushed himself up a bit and realised his entire top half is now on back to front and is trying to be as rational as he can about the situation.

Freaking out.... He's freaking out. There's nothing else remotely rational to do here other than scream and have a melt down because, what the hell why aren't I dead??? My body isn't meant to bend this way!

He next registers, why doesn't this actually hurt? And decides to attempt to straighten himself out a little. It takes a while, because the more he moves the more blood adds to the unhealthy amount that is the puddle he's lying in. Not to mention the squelching, snapping and crunching sounds of his bones and tendons as the twisted back into place. He gets there though and surprisingly didn't throw up! Even though that whole experience was excursiating and all around one of the most unpleasant sensations he's felt in his short life. not painful just 'unpleasant' like how those buttons on seat cautions are unpleasant. they don't exactly hurt but are uncomfortable to sit on and if you had another choice you'd most likely pick it. So yes for Izuku the feeling of twisting his boy 180 degrees so the top and bottom half lined up wasn't painful just unpleasnt.

Now to address the rest of the situation we find ourselves in. He's taken a jump off the back of the school roof. He's created a large bloody mess. Is also covered in blood. Might be a ghost. That fall had to have killed him. Right? its unlikely it didn't due to the hard tiled floor and back of the head first drop he'd taken to maximise the impact to his brain so he definitely didn't pull a 'Deku' when trying to kill himself.

Izuku shifts his gaze to pale shaky hands, caked in his own blood,how lovely, and raises them slowly to his neck to check for his own pulse. His skin feels cold under his touch, just how much blood had he lost? How long had he been here?

...

...

...

Oh boy, this can't be good. Maybe he just can't find it. He adjusts his position up and down his neck. He tries the other side. He tries feeling with his other hand and checks both of his wrists, maybe he's doing it wrong. His breath feels laboured he should definitely feel it if he's in this state! He firmly pushes his pale pale palms over where his heart is located.

Haha as Kacchan would say.

Fuck.

Definitely, dead then, no denying it now. And not a ghost because, although his skin felt so cold under his own touch, he's still able interact with his surroundings, namely his own crimson puddle of life juices but hey ho at least it's not someone else's blood!

W̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶h̶u̶n̶g̶r̶y̶?̶

On the plus side only way to explain this is "yay quirk!"? He's read that there were lots of hidden quirks that had to meet certain conditions in order to activate, didn't know dying was one. How fun.

Okay, Izuku you're smart you can figure this out you just need to think.

He goes to rest his chin on his palm the retracts and instead takes note of his blood covered disheveled state. He needs to clean up and change he,this mess he's made will surely get him into trouble of some sort in normally does, not to mention he looks like death. No, he did just die, but he's still here, maybe death isn't the right word as, although he is currently 'dead', death seems too finite to describe his current not alive but not quite dead existence. He's more like...

A Zombie.

A living dead dead if you will. Yes that seems to fit. Dead yet still alive, but not truly living. He doesn't fully fit into the category -he's not brain dead!- yet it seems to be the most logical answer, and it just feels right. He should be writing this down... but the smell of blood pulls him out of that though and instead replaces it with 'I need to clean this up' this being his crimson soaked death scene once again as he returns to reality.

The process is not as complicated as he had initially thought cleaning up a suicide would be, granted he's not got a body to deal with. Lucky he'd also landed near to the koi pond and the outside taps, so after collecting a few buckets from a supply closet, watering down any blood into nearby drains was fairly easy. The awkward bit was the realising he'd tracked blood everywhere getting his sports clothes and washing up to change then repeating the cleaning process, with the addition of stuffing his blooded clothes into an opaque bag and stuffing it deep into his own.

It's not that he wants to hide his new found quirk, but all the blood isn't really a good thing and he doesn't want anyone to freak out. If they need proof he's sure that security camera caught everything! Plus he would feel bad if he left it to someone else to clean up. His mother had brought him up to not leave messes and tidy up his own when he does god damn it and he's not one to upset her, as the mothers boy that he is.

He far from wants to hide this quirk though. The prospect, when he can finally think clearly again, is how amazing and extraordinary this ability is! What benefits does it have other than the not dead and self fixing factor? How efficient is the self healing? When he'd lined himself up again it had felt pretty quick but a stiffness and awkwardness to his movements for a while had been apparent, but his broken fingers had healed fairly quickly so maybe it's to do with the volume of healing? Perhaps...

And so the fledgling Zombie rambles on as he makes his way home filled with excitement and analysing his new quirk, static and excited to share it with his mother and figuring out how to use it to save others! However on lookers giving a wide breath to the pale boy that looks as pale as death, smelling of something rotten and entire presents radiating something dangerous.