twenty - one ; first game

Börja om från början

That's when Malfoy made his way around Crabbe, "Me."

The only word that got me to remember everything. "Oh, I remember now." I sound even raspier than ever.

He kneels down beside the bed so I'm head level with him. "I never got to say thank you before you slipped." He smiles, taking my hand gently.

I smirk, trying to make this a little less awkward. "Try me."

He scoffs, and squeezes my hand. "Thank you."

"Well, you're welcome. Even though you are a git, Slytherins gotta protect each other." I earn a short laugh from him. "So who exactly 'saved' me?" I ask.

"Surprisingly it was Snape." He answered.

"What?" I say sitting up.

"We're just as shocked as you are. We don't know why Dumbledore wasn't the first one to do it but whatever. You're alive at least." He snorts.

"Yeah I guess." I let it slide and grab on the blanket.

We were interrupted by Madame Pomfrey who escorted everyone out. I catch a glance from Malfoy who turned to see me. I smile back at him. Maybe he's not exactly who I think he is.

A couple days past and my bruises went away. I was able to move but Madame Pomfrey insisted I stay until tomorrow afternoon.

I wasn't able to sleep in the hospital wing, so I grabbed a book from my bag which layed on the ground. I was scared by a door opening. All I could make out from the moonlight were grey eyes and platinum hair. What's he doing here?

As soon as I realize he doesn't notice I'm awake, I smile wickedly to myself. I drop the book instantly and pretended I'm asleep. I could hear his tiptoes as he made his way over to me. He bent over my head and cupped my cheek. I started to feel a spark and I tensed up. But before he could move, I screamed, sending him to fall on his back.

"Bloody hell Blanchard!" He says brushing the back of his hair. He looks up to find me laughing and so he smiles.

"It's funny, I can't help it."

"Don't you think the professors would've heard us by now?"

I just realized that. Oh shi... "Then let's go."

He looks up confused. "What?"

I roll my eyes and stand up, offering my hand which he took. "Let's go before they catch us. I don't want a detention from Umbridge."

"You mean before I catch you."

I looked as confused as he was a few moments ago.

He towers over me with a smirk, "You're not ticklish are you?"

Damn you Malfoy. "N-no. Psh!" I lied pretty badly there.

His eyes light up as he walks closer, "You are!"

He leans in and before he could capture my waist with his hands, I bolted out of there. I laughed as I turned to see him shocked. But he ran for me, and he did it quite fast. I found myself outside and I ran through trees and boulders, he was still on my heels. I turned around hoping that I was able to push him down. But he was closer than I thought, so it sent us both falling to the grass. I laughed uncontrollably, and he did too. He was on top of me and I didn't notice how close he was until I stopped. He had his arm supporting him up, while the other twirled my black hair. The world stopped in that moment, and I forgot all about where we were. I just stared in those grey eyes, and I moved a strand of hair from his eyes.

Before I knew what was actually happening, he leaned in.

But I didn't let it happen.

I pushed him off and I backed away slightly. This was the second time I rejected him and I felt so bad. But I had Adrian and I was happy. "I can't do this. Not to Adrian." I say holding my knees.

He stands up, looking more frustrated than ever. "I can't believe you. I try to show you that I'm here Blanchard, but all you care about is Pucey," he spat at me. "Why can't you just see that I'm right in front of you?"

"Draco I can't cheat with you. It's just not right. Besides, I thought you hated me."

"I did hate you. But now I don't know anymore."

"And why is that?" I ask sounding irritated.

"You're different."

"I can't say that I don't think the same way of you."

"I'll stay away from you if you want. Go snog your precious boyfriend." And after that, he stormed off.

"Draco!" I pleaded for him. He ignored me, and continued for the castle. He just left me there. Sitting in the frozen January grass. What did he want from me? I was dating someone and he can't possibly think that I'll cheat with him! That bastard. But I can't help knowing that more than half of that was my fault.