We watch the rest of the quarter and when it's half time, we open the boxes and bags of candy and devour them.

"So, how did you and Liv meet?" Ally asks me.

"We are partners for a project in our Real World Solutions class."

"Oh, how long have you two been dating?" She glances over at Olivia with a smile. I nearly choke on my gummy worm and Olivia spits out her green Mike & Ike.

"Oh, umm, we're not dating." I say and look away. I blush a bit while Olivia is as red as a tomato.

"Sorry, I just figured." Ally says.

"It's fine." Olivia and I say at the same time. We glance at each other then look away.

"Right." Ally says. Olivia elbows Ally a bit. "Oww." Ally chuckles.

The next ten minutes Ally and Olivia tell me how they became best friends. Ally does most of the talking actually. They tell me that they've been best friends since kindergarden, but Ally moved here when they were in eighth grade. Olivia just moved here this past summer and they have stayed best friends through all of that time. No wonder I didn't remember Olivia in any other of my classes. I would have definitely remembered her.

The whistle blows again and it signals the start of the third quarter. It took a lot but we finally managed to get the score to be twenty-one to seventeen. We were still losing but not by that much.

I will spare you the details of the rest of the quarter. Basically, we got the score to be twenty-four to twenty-four; a tie. All we had left was the fourth quarter and both teams were nervous, especially Olivia.

"Let's go Wolves! COME ON!" She screams. She is standing and waving her hands in frustration for dramatic effect. It makes her look kind of crazy. It's funny, I can't help but laugh. "What?" She asks confused.

"Nothing." I reply, trying my best not to laugh. Olivia gives me a look of suspicion but turns her attention back to the game.

In the last thirty seconds of the game, the Tigers decide to try and make a field goal from the 40 yard line. For those of you that don't know, thirty seconds is a lot of time in a football game; anything can happen. If they make it in, they would get three points added and win the entire game. If they missed it, we would get the ball and start where they left off; an advantage and it increases the chance of winning.

The Tiger's kicker lines up a couple feet away from the ball to get a running start. The entire stadium is quiet, even Olivia. She is hunched over her legs, awaiting the next play. I would have never thought she would be this into sports. The kicker starts to run and kicks the football hard. It flies in the air and....MISSES! Just barely missed the goal! Every Wolves fan stands up and cheers, even me! We have a great chance of winning now.

"We have twenty-five seconds to score a touchdown." Olivia says. Her eyes never leaving the field. The whistle blows causing the time to start again. We hear the yells of commands from the quarterback the the time still ticking; twenty seconds.

The players take off, our team trying to find a way to score. Seventeen seconds left. I see one of our players running toward the goal line; Josh. Twelve seconds remaining. The quarterback notices Josh getting closer to the line and throws the ball; nine seconds.

Everyone is on the edge of their seats. This is it: we either make it or don't. Time seems to slow down. Josh jumps into the air to retrieve the ball; eight seconds. Josh catches the ball and it's a touchdown! We did it, we won! The crowd goes wild!

I stand up to cheer and so does everyone else. We are shouting of excitement. I turn to see Olivia's reaction. She is jumping up and down from excitement. She turns to me and the next thing I know she is hugging me.

OLIVIA IS HUGGING ME! I couldn't be happier!

I'm excited for both my school and personal win that I pick her up and spin her around. She lets out a squeal but then starts to laugh. This couldn't get any better. I set her down and look into her eyes. She blushes and I can't help but blush a bit too. Everything is just so easy with her. She knows me on a deeper level; it's crazy to think about it.

"Sorry." We say, embarrassed, at the same time. I can't help but smile at what just happened. The sparks just flew sky-high between us.

"Okay, I know for sure something happened between you two. I turn away for a second to celebrate and turn back to see you two staring awkwardly at each other." Ally says smirking at us. Neither of us speaks. "Anyways, Liv and I have to go. I'm staying over at her house for the night."

"Okay, umm, I have to go. So, see you tomorrow Blake." Olivia says smiling. She is trying her best to avoid my eyes but it doesn't really work.

"Bye." I say and wave goodbye. I can hear Ally beg Olivia to tell her what is going on between us tomorrow but Olivia just shakes her head and laughs.

Now we just have to wait and see if I survive waiting for tomorrow to come.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N

OMG! I am sorry that this is a late weekend update, but I was very busy with my sister's birthday and stuff. At least I did update, right?

Anyways, up next is the carnival. Yay! Who's excited?

Well, I hope you all "survive" the wait of the next update. 😉

Keep enjoying summer!

~JessiDivergent