Ch. 4

Blake's P.O.V

Olivia.

She was all I could think about. I have just admitted to myself that I like her and here she is, invading my thoughts. This has never happened to me before. I have never truly liked someone, I usually pretended to be a so called "player". It is just easier that way; to put up a wall. Although, I have never actually been with anyone.

Loser! My sub-conscience taunts me. Thanks. I think back, but it was the truth. I was just too shy. Gosh, it is just so conflicting. Two parts of me, one fake and one real, constantly fighting each other. Which one will win? That is something I question myself about everyday.

Anyways, I have to think about how to approach Olivia tomorrow. We nearly kissed earlier and I really don't want it to be awkward between us. I mean, I like her. I really, really like her. I just need time to build some confidence.

We pull up to the house. I almost forgot that we need to talk to Frank about what happened last night. It was not right of Frank to talk about Cassie's parents, no matter what state he is in. Frank knows the truth about Cassie's past, he should be the most cautious around Cassie when it comes to the topic of her parents.

"Hi Blake! Hi Josh!" Cassie says. She is sitting on the steps that lead to the front door. She is also eating an ice cream cone.

"Hi Cassie." Josh and I say.

"Cassie, you know you are not suppose to have ice cream before dinner." I say. Cassie loves sweets, so this was no surprise.

"I know but I really, REALLY wanted one. Can I pleeeeaaasse eat it?!?" She says while giving us her best puppy dog eyes. She really knows how to do that well, and she knows it.

"Fine." Josh and I say at the same time.

"Just don't tell anyone" Josh adds with a wink.

"YES!" Cassie replies and jumps off the steps to play in the yard. I turn to Josh.

"Listen, I am going put my stuff away then we can talk to Frank."

"Cool." He says and we both step inside. Once in my room, I set my backpack by my desk and put on a sweater. It is only the beginning of school and it is already getting cool outside. I head toward Josh's room and then we both make our way to find Frank. He is in the kitchen cooking.

"Frank?" I say. He turns around quickly.

"Yeah." He says with a smile.

"We wanted to talk to you about what happened yesterday." His smile fades away as he remembers what happened yesterday.

"Uh, okay. Take a seat." He points to the coffee table by window.

"Listen Frank, we understand you miss your wife. We really do, but..." I start saying but then I am interrupted by Josh. He looks angry, great.

"You had no right speaking about Cassie's parents in front of her! She is just a kid!" Frank is taken aback from Josh's yelling, but hey, Josh was mad.

"Josh, you need to calm down." I whisper to him.

"No, no. Josh is right to be mad. I know I have been off lately. I am truly sorry. I will apologize to Cassie because, you are right, I shouldn't have spoken about her parents. And I am sorry that you had to take care of me and the children when I should be the one taking care of you all. I really am sorry, it's just been...difficult lately." Frank responds. Josh calms down a bit and Franks just looks so miserable. It is just so hard for him. Anyone with eyes could see it.

"Thank you. I am sorry for snapping at you." Josh says.

"It's okay Josh. I am trying my best to recover from this loss, but it has been a year and a half. I think it is time to stop being miserable, don't you think?" Josh and I simply nod. "Well then, I am going to finish preparing dinner." All three of us stand up. Josh leaves but I turn to say one last thing to Frank.