"Have you even tried looking into minds?" Ratchet scoffed. "It's not some party trick, this is one of the most important organs in the body. One wrong move could damage it permanently."

  He's right. You barely know how to control small metal objects, how are you going to look into a Cybertronian's mind? You don't have the power to.

  "I would be willing to." Optimus said, which surprised me. "We cannot leave this matter in the hands of Megatron. If there is any more information he has, we must know what it is."

~~

  I sprawled across the couch at the base, a book on abilities from the atheneum in my hands. With the rest of the team out on patrol, the base was quiet, aside from an occasional mutter from Ratchet, who was working in his lab as always.

  Any Champion of Cleona has the ability to control Cybertronian metal and the metal of their home planet, giving them an advantage should the battle for balance reach their planet. This ability grows and becomes stronger with time and use, allowing for a champion to control as much metal as they can within their ability range.

  A champion also has more abilities that take more time to hone and perfect, thus making them more powerful. One of these abilities is the power to control the minds of Cybertronian warriors, though it is not advised. Another is the power to animate metal objects and inform them to obey one's will, though this practice usually ends with a group of animated objects fighting for freedom. The ability to look into a Cybertronian's mind is also within the power of a champion and, though it may seem daunting, is one of the quickest to learn.

  I skipped a few pages until I saw more info on looking into the mind.

  To peer into the mind of a Cybertronian, one must first know what they want to see. Looking into a mind that is not one's own is overwhelming and it is very easy to get lost, hence the reason one must know what they want to see first. After that, all a champion has to do is make direct contact with the subject, preferably closer to their head, and push what they wish to see into the mind of the subject, which should appear after a few moments of concentration. NOTE: Should any information not arise within 2 clicks, pull out of the subject's mind immediately and try again.

  I reread the last passage over and over again, making sure I memorized all of it. But, before I tried anything on Optimus that could go wrong and hurt him, I needed to make sure I had a grasp on my powers.

  "Ratchet?" I called, hopping off the couch.

  "Hm?" He didn't look up.

  "Have any scrap metal I could borrow?"

  "Huh? Oh, yes, in the bin over here." He waved a hand absentmindedly past his lab bench, which I looked down to see a bin full of scrap metal. Holding my hands out, I took a breath and willed one piece of metal to float up to me. Silver dust poured out of my hands and down into the bin, wrapping around a piece of metal at the top before lifting it to me. Soon the metal brick was in my hands and I smiled to myself. Then I headed back to the living area, setting the metal brick down on the table before sitting crossed legged in front of it. I held my hands out to either side of the metal brick, willing the silver dust to coat it, and then envisioned what I wanted the metal to bend into.

  What about.... A penguin.

  That was random, but it works.

  Making my thoughts clear and focus on the metal brick, I willed the silver dust to morph it into a penguin. After a few seconds, a shiny metal penguin sat in front of me.

  "Good work." Ratchet's voice made me jump and I turned to see him watching me, an impressed look on his face.

  I smiled slightly. "Not just some party tricks?"