4: Force Field

“Mom, I-“

She gave me a look, and I let out a long sigh. “Fine, fine. Cerulean, I don’t think we should kill this girl.”

“Why?”

Joker snorted. “Dear, look at her, look at the way our son looks at her, it’s practically love.”

My cheeks heated up at my dad’s sarcastic ramble, I shot him a glare, which he just laughed off. He rolled onto his stomach and stood up, walking over to Cerulean, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind her and tugging her into a hug once she was done cuffing up the girl. I gagged at the sight.

“Remember when we first met, my love?” Cerulean chimed, sighing happily. “Oh, my gosh! You were instantly in love, weren’t you?”

“Wouldn’t doubt it for a second, doll,” Joker laughed, letting go of my mother to rip his knife out of the young girl’s leg. She screamed in agony, which my father seemed to like. It startled me for a moment. I’ve never seen my dad do something like that.

My mother shot me a weary glance, then hurried over to me, stroking my hair back. “Honey, don’t worry. Alright?”

I nodded, but didn’t answer. I was too shocked to even begin to respond to her and reassure her that I was fine. I was busy watching my father become the most feared man in Gotham. Though he always was, it was hard to believe it now, watching him as he strutted around. He had changed his whole persona in less than a minute, and it was easy to see why people saw him as such a great actor. The Joker was not my father, but my father damn well became him whenever he needed to. It was hard to believe that The Joker had raised me, but The Joker wasn’t present in my childhood. It was present now that I was a young adult, and it freaked me out.

“I am Huntress,” the young girl growled, then smirked. “And you are going down.”

Cerulean paused for a moment, her eyes widened. “Where is our daughter?”

“How do you have children if you are such a terrible pair of people,” Huntress growled.

“I don’t know, ask your parents.” Joker had chimed in, laughing. Cerulean’s eyes widened as she turned to Joker. “What? Come on, it wasn’t hard to guess. Accomplice of Batman’s, so there’s a 90% chance that something happened to her parents. Come on, Dear. Simple.”

“But uncalled for!” my mother huffed.

She, too, changed in persona. She was way more childish and active when she was Cerulean. I mean, she had her moments, of course, but not as exaggerated as her character.

“Dear, this means that Batman is on his way. Son, why don’t you call your sister?”

I sighed, walking over to quickly dial my sister’s number. I was scared now, my fingers shaking. I nearly messed up the number several times.

My sister answered after the first ring. “Kellen!”

“Where are you?” I asked, there was some noise in the background, it sounded like an older man talking to a familiar, male voice.