chapter 15 » terrified

Start from the beginning

"Uh...h-hi Mr...Mr. Stark." Peter stutters, his face redder than Ajax's.

"Living room. Now." Tony says as he watches them move to their feet. "Parker, May know you're here?"

"Y-yeah, yeah, yeah." Peter says quickly, nodding his head as he follows Ajax to the door. "I told her."

Tony sighs as the three head to the closest living room. "Jax, when I said he could come over I didn't mean you two could let loose of your hormones." Tony says, Ajax plopping down on the couch, Peter sitting a good distance away from her.

"Just making out, Stork. I know you've done plenty worse and at a younger age than either of us." Ajax defends. "And besides," Ajax sticks out her bottom lip. "It's Christmas in about three hours and I have no friends besides you guys and Spider-Boy."

"Don't guilt trip me with a holiday, Antifreeze." Tony scolds, arms still crossed.

"Mr. Stark, I'm so sorry. It won't happen again. I swe-"

Tony raises a hand, cutting Peter off. "I know it won't mostly because you look like you're about to throw up." Ajax chuckles at Tony's response, his face softening. "Alright, alright. Birds and bees talk on Tuesday."

Ajax and Peter look to each and then back to Tony. "NO!"

"Oh no," Tony shakes his head. "If you're going to take advantage of the small bit of freedom I give you here, I'm taking advantage of my role. I'll be calling May and we're going to sit the two of you down."

Peter and Ajax groan, burying their faces in their hands. "Now that I've successfully embarrassed the both of you, you're free to take this room but remember, I have FRIDAY." Tony warns, but he's clearly holding back a satisfied smirk, most likely due to Ajax seeming to have let Peter in, to be finally making more progress rather than the regression he feared.

"Tony, I promise, just making out." Ajax affirms, her voice stern.

"Got it." Tony nods. "Just, stay out here and turn a movie on or something. Parker, you can stay and I'll let May know you're here for the night and I'll have you up early for her, assuming she does want you home for the holiday." The two teens remain silent with Tony's words as he starts laughing. "Just, be careful and figure your shit out first if you haven't yet." Tony looks to Ajax with raised brows and pursed lips. "Don't rush, alright? I'll be in the lab." Tony walks off leaving to two to themselves.

"That was horrible." Peter mumbles, head still in his hands.

"It could have been worse Ya know, he's not really mad." Ajax giggles before standing up. "He just thinks he's funny when he does it. If he were mad, you would be outside right now."

"It's embarrassing." Peter mumbles, looking up to her.

"Yeah, but now it's over with so you won't have to worry. Now come on, we're gonna get some blankets and then, uh, I'm gonna do what Tony said." Ajax extends her hand and Peter takes it with a cornered smile.

Ajax leads Peter back to her room and gestures to the closet, having him reach up and grab a few blankets while she grabs the pillows from her bed. They move in comfortable silence, grabbing everything and moving back to the living room. Peter lays out a blanket and rests pillows on either arm of the couch, Ajax watching him carefully. He's in a pair of blue sweatpants, a black hoodie with the E.T. logo across the front. He's so comfortable and soft. His hair is a mess but when he turns around to face Ajax, his eyes are bright, maybe looking a little bit lovestruck while he holds a lopsided smile. All the things Ajax has done to protect him and they still end up where they left off. It just happens to be at the tower and more than holding hands. The universe is weird like that.