Chapter 6: Jace

Glaze stared at me. "... Shut down the factory...? I can't do that!"

"Well, I can. That, or I'll die trying." I said stubbornly. "I want it to stop, and if your not gonna help me, I'll do it myself."

He shook his head. "Good, cause I'm not gonna help you. You made me leave the factory against my will, so i will stay loyal to it. Failures must go!"

"This isn't just about the failures!" I protested. "They're after us too! If we don't shut it down, it'll stay that way! We'll NEVER be free."

Glaze sighed. "I want to live my life, but that doesn't mean I'll rat out the factory. I was loyal to them all my life, and that's not going to change."

"Whatever, I never said you had to come with me. You can go back to your god damn stupid Rainbow Factory for all I care! I'm just saying, if you ever want to have a life, you might want to help, cause then we'd have a better chance."

"You're right, you have no chance alone. Exactly the reason I'm not helping you."

"I'll help." A small voice spoke up from across the room.

I looked over at Amber, who was hiding under a table, away from our brutal argument.

"Stay out of this kid, you don't want to get involved. I suggest you get home to your family, or find somewhere new. That second option might be better, cause if Cloudsdale finds out that you were suppose to be exiled, they're just gonna send you back."

"Exactly! I want my freedom as much as you ponies do! As much as all of the flight school failures do! If we shut down the factory, we can all go home to Cloudsdale! And if we tell Princess Celestia about the Rainbow Factory, then maybe she'll reward us! Does she even know about the corporation?!"

I facehoofed. "Of course Celestia knows about the Weather Corporation! She was the one who assigned the responsibility of rainbows down to us in the first place!"

"No, I meant does she know what they're doing? Has she ever even inspected the facility?! How is she completely oblivious to the fact that they're killing ponies up there and grinding them up into rainbows?!"

"Let me explain how the factory works..." I started, but Glaze interrupted.

"Mystery, that's confidential. You can't tell her what we don't even tell a pony as important as Celestia."

For saying something as serious as that, his tone was surprisingly calm. He had cooled down considerably since he first got in here.

I stared at him, searching my mind for a reason to tell Amber what was going on. She deserves to know.

"That poor filly has been through a lot in the past few hours, I think she deserves to understand what the hell is happening!"

Glaze shrugged. "It doesn't matter. Telling her would be breaking factory protocol. Nopony who doesn't work for the upper Spectra Division is allowed to even know how rainbows are made, let alone how we cover it up."

"I DON'T BUCKING CARE ABOUT FACTORY PROTOCOL! I. Don't. Work. There. Any. More. And. Neither. Do. You."

He watched me for a second, then slowly turned towards the door to leave. Fine. He can just go right ahead.

Amber crawled out from under the table. "Glaze?"

He turned. "What now."

"Have... Have you ever known somepony who failed their flight test?"

Glaze stared at her for a second before turning back to the door and setting his hoof on the knob.

"Wait!"