Chapter Two

"Ahh!! Genesis, put me down!" i screamed, laughing my head off. "Lazar, tell him to put me down!"

All Lazar did was chuckle.

"Oh gee, thanks for your help!" i muttered, sarcasm dripping from my voice. "Genesis, put me down!"

He poked my sides, making me laugh harder.

"Genesis. What are you doing?"

I was dropped, but landed on my feet gracefully. i stomped on Genesis' foot, making him yelp as my heel dug into his boot.

"Angeal." i greeted happily, walking forward and giving him a massive hug.

He spun me around once before putting my down. "Aimee."

"Hey." i winked.

I turned back to Lazar. "I'm sure that there was a reason all of us have been ordered here?"

He nodded. "Yes, you, Aimee, will be sparring with someone, to test your skills."

"Someone...?" i waited for an answer.

"You can pick whoever is in this room, not including me."

The silver haired guy from earlier came out of the shadows and crossed his arms.

I thought about it for a minute.

I decided on the silver haired guy, because Angeal and Genesis would probably go easy on me, and no doubt make me look better than i was.

I looked at the silver haired guy.

"What's your name?" i asked.

He raised an eyebrow, and i met his eyes for the first time. They were...strange, but gorgeous.

"Sephiroth." he answered.

"Well then, Sephiroth, would you care to be my sparring partner this evening?"

"Aimee....." Angeal and Genesis hissed.

"Be quiet." i snapped back, without taking my eyes off of Sephiroth. "Will you? I can't trust those two idiots to not go easy on me."

He chuckled. "Sure."

I nodded at him "Thanks. Which training room would you prefer?"

"Doesn't matter." he shrugged.

"She's going to get her butt kicked anyway." Angeal muttered.

I threw one of my blades next to his head, embedding it in the wall.

He gulped.

"Huh, seems like i missed. Don't worry, i won't miss again. Watch it Angeal." i warned, grabbing the katana and putting it back into its sheath.

Genesis was sniggering, so i shot him a look and he shut up immediately.

Sephiroth was watching me with an amused look.

I smirked. "Lead the way." i gestured for him to go first.

-

-

We were walking side by side to the training room.

"Seems like you're close to Angeal and Genesis." Sephiroth said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. We all grew up together. I've known Genesis for twelve years now, and Angeal my whole life."

"Your whole life?"

I chuckled. "Angeal is my elder brother."

Sephiroth stopped walking in his tracks, but i kept on going.