Chapter 11

"Hello I'm Tina Gregory from Channel 4 News. I'm currently standing outside of a new club opened up by Mr. Niall Horan. Now if you remember last week he was arrested and held for questioning because of the mass destruction of what had happened to his other club, The Luck of the Irish." The reporter said into the microphone.

I was out of the robe and fully clothed now. I wore black jeans, combat boots, a black shirt, and my hair in a high ponytail. Harry leaned against the wall, watching the tv as Tori and I sat next to each other on the couch. Louis stood behind us with his arms crossed and his head tilted, looking like he was curious or interested with what the reporter had to say.

The camera slowly zoomed out of the close up of the reporter. You started seeing more of the background and that only meant that she was going to interview someone. Let me tell you this. I was right.

There stood Niall. His arms crossed as he bit his lip and looked into the camera with a grin. His blue eyes looked into the camera, making him look like he's an innocent bystander, but in reality he's a killer. He wore a plain white dress shirt, red tie, black belt, tan cacky pants, and I can assume black shoes.

"Niall could you tell us what had happened to your other club that got destroyed?" Tina asked, looking over at him.

"There's not much to say. I mean people probably saw the pictures on social media and how bad the destruction was to my property. They probably have already read stories about what happened inside, but let me set the story straight. There was a gun fight. These two people came in and shot up the place and out of self defense, my security and I had no choice, but to fire back," Niall answered as he pressed his lips together.

"Do you know who they were?" Tina asked again quickly.

"Why don't we say that they're old friends. I don't remember who they were or their whereabouts, but I did recognize them," he replied.

"What happened to you while you were in custody?" She replied as she brought the microphone over to him.

"They asked me questions. You know, like why did you have a weapon, where did it start etc." He stated.

"How did you afford this new club?" She looked at the camera and back over to him.

"Well my insurance gave me a check for the damages to my old club, but the police striked up a deal with me. They apologized for accusing me of a crime that I didn't commit and offered to get me a new club and I took it. My insurance check paid for the furniture inside and everything that a club needs, plus I still have it set up like my old club," he smiled.

"What crimes did the police accuse you of?" She responded.

"Vandalism and a bunch of others," he shrugged.

"How is he able to get away with this?" Tori asked, shaking her head.

"He knows how to put on a show," Harry replied as he ran his hand through his hair and sat on the arm of the couch chair.

"They actually believe the crap that he's saying though?" I said.

"He knows how to manipulate people and get them on his side. He looks innocent, but he's really not," Louis interrupted, placing his hands on the back of the couch and leaning into them.

"Tell us about your new club," Tina gave a smile towards Niall.

"Well it's got a new name. It's called Nothing But Luck and it's just like any normal club. Mondays and Wednesdays teenagers can come in and dance, sing, and do whatever they want. The other days, except for Saturday, is for adult entertainment," he placed his hands into his pockets and gave the camera a smile.

"Any messages for anyone? Family? Anything like that?" Tina questioned him.

"Yeah. Come on down. It's going to be a real treat to see any of my friends from the other side of town," he smirked.

"I'm Tina Gregory and this is Channel 4 News," she smiled as the tv screen went back to the anchors.

Harry turned down the tv and got up, standing in front of us. I could tell we were all thinking the same thing. Niall knows how to work the media in his favor and have people feel bad for him.

"That last thing Niall said. It was directed to us right?" Tori asked as she stood up.

"Yeah," Harry replied.

"Something doesn't feel right though," Louis said.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I mean what does he really want? He's got the bomb and Liam. What more could he ask for?" Louis replied.

"Well, he has the information that Liam told him, but the only useful piece of it was the bombing plan," Harry said aggitated.

"I have an idea of what he wants," Tori mumbled and raised her hand, getting our attention.

"What's that?" Harry replied, lifting is chin up.

She paused and looked down at the ground for a moment. She looked back up at us and got off the couch. I could tell that she felt uncomfortable to answer, but she can't keep us in suspense. She bit her thumb nail quickly and swallowed hard, before looking at us again.

"Laura," she finally said.

"That actually makes sense!" Louis said, like he realized something.

"Am I missing something?" Harry asked with a confused expression on his face.

"Yes! This was never about the bomb or getting Liam on his side. He wants Laura, but why?" Louis said.

"Why am I in this equation?" I said annoyed, hitting my fists against the cushions of the couch.

"Was he an old childhood friend? I don't know...Someone from your past. Does he remind you of someone?" Tori asked.

"No. Not that I know of. I mean, he's Irish and from Ireland and I grew up on the East Coast. I've traveled a couple of times over to...England and Ireland!" I shouted, jumping on to my feet.

"How old were you?" Harry asked as he took a couple steps closer.

"I went to England when I was two and eight." I answered Harry.

"What about Ireland?" Louis quickly asked.

"When I was five and twelve!" I responded and ran to the phone.

"Most likely you have to know him or have some type of connection with him," Louis said.

"What are you doing?" Tori asked quickly as I put the phone on speaker and dialed in numbers.

The phone started to ring. Once. Twice. By the third ring I recognized the sweet, loving voice on the other end. The thought of hearing her again for the first time in weeks makes me want to cry. I can't imagine what I would be like if I saw her.

"Hello?" She finally spoke.

"Mom..." I said.

"Laura?! Oh my gosh! Is my baby okay?! How's the new school?" She asked.

"New school?" I questioned her.

"Yeah. Your father told me you left a note saying that Aunt Mary enrolled you into a private school down in Florida and you took it. I wish you could talk to your father, but he's working a case," she said.

I could almost hear the sadness in her voice of dad and I not being home with her. I can't tell her about what type of situation I'm in or where dad is, so the best thing for me to do is to play along.

"School's great and all! Made lots of new friends and I love my classe!" I laughed as I looked up at Tori, Louis, and Harry, standing across from me.

Harry made his hand do quick small circles and mouthed "Hurry up," telling me to get to the point. I nodded to him and looked back at the phone. My mom was laughing and I could imagine the huge smile on her face.

"Mom there's this boy that I'm really confused about," I said, clearing my throat a little bit.

"What is it sweetheart? What's his name?" She laughed.

"Niall. Niall Horan," I said and released a huge breath.

There was a pause. No, I shouldn't even say that. We were in silence. The only thing I could hear were the different breathing patterns of Harry, Tori, Louis, and I. Honestly, this was scary. My mom could just say bye and hang up the phone or not say anything at all and just hang up, but she wouldn't do either of those things.