forty five - imagine

A cloud of grey swarms the sky as I continue on with my painting. Carefully applying small strokes of paint with my brand new paint brushes b/f had gotten me for Christmas. My phone starts to ring, the contact reading "b/f's mom". I pick it up, smile spread across my face. 

"Hey Lauren, how are you?" I spoke. "Oh honey, I'm fine it's just that- b/f's a bit sick and I have to go out to buy the groceries, he told me not to bother you but I just want to make sure he'll be fine" she whispers. "No problem Lauren, I'll be there in a couple minutes" I hang up the phone and get dressed into b/f's hoodie and leggings. 

I meet Lauren after 10 minutes of walking to their home. "Hey darling, I'm so happy you're here, he's upstairs" she hugs me before heading to the car. I close the door, take my shoes off and walk upstairs to find my sick baby, covered with his giant duvet. I open the door slightly and his eyes shoot open. "Y/n, no!" he hides under the covers. 

I let out a giggle, "the medicine is kicking in I assume" I sit cris-cross on his mattress. "Oh I haven't had any yet" his muffled voice kicks in through the blanket. "Are you serious? No wonder your mother is worried sick, where's the medicine?" I stand up. "Downstairs, don't leave!" he pleads. "A couple minutes ago, you literally didn't want to see me!" I cross my arms, laughing. "Fine, fine". He says annoyingly. I head downstairs and make a soup, making sure to grab the tablets on my way upstairs. 

"Drink this first and then take the medicine" I put the tray of soup on his bedside table. "It's a bit hot, you might want to wait a few". I sit back onto his bed. "Come and cuddle with me" he stretches his arms. "No, only if you eat" I told. He opens his mouth. "Are you joking? You bloody baby" I laugh, grabbing the bowl of soup and feeding it to him. 

Once he finished, I give him the tablets and he swallows them in a gulp. "You have paint on your face" he wipes it from my cheek. "Yeah, I was painting a picture when your mother called me" I fix my hair.  "You still want those cuddles?" I ask. "No, you will get sick angel" he pouts. "Shut up, I deserve this" I snuggle under the covers with him. "If you get sick, it's not my fault" he kisses my forehead. 

"That's okay, that will be my one-way ticket out of school" I close my eyes whilst he sheds a laugh.