Chapter 3

"Cissa dear, come here quickly! We are leaving for Diagon Alley to get yours and Draco's books." Mother called me. I ran to the dining room. I cannot wait until school starts. Vacations were amazing but, I got a letter from Dumbledore saying that my brother (real) is starting his 1st year in Hogwarts. Yes, I know that I am adopted. I am extremely excited! Plus, Draco is starting his first year too! He might act snobby and mean, but we have to live up to the Malfoy surname. Draco acts like father and I act like mother. I am even named after her!

"Good morning, mother, father. Hello Draco!" I greeted my family and sat in my chair. Dobby, our house elf served me my usual meal- a bowl of freshly cut berries and greek yogurt, a pancake and a cup of strong black coffee.

"Cissa darling, we will first head to get yours and Draco's books and then check out the brooms while your mother will go with Draco and buy his robes and wands. And also, your robes from Miss Tiffany's Robes and Clothes have arrived today." Father said.

"Certainly, father. We will go as per you said. And thank you for reminding me about my robes. I shall write a letter to Miss Tiffany thanking her. If I may ask Are we going to visit Aunt Trixie, Father?"

Father looked over at mother asking her for permission. Even if father is the head of our family, mother decides everything. Father is quite scared of her temper. Mother gave a nod to father showing that she was okay with that. Aunt Trixie was always my favourite person. She taught me a lot of spells to defend myself. Grandmother Druella always says that I am a mixture of both mother and aunt. My grandfather Cygnus taught me how to play Quidditch, Father taught me defense against dark arts (Aunt Trixie had once started teaching me dark arts. Mother and Grandmothers were furious.) GrandMother Anita taught me potions, Grandmother Druella taught me how to act like a lady ( to say, she is extremely happy with me, I dress like a lady, act like a lady and talk like a lady.) Grandfather Abraxas taught me about the history of our family and father taught me how to handle business and charms and blood purity.

"We may go and meet her in Azkaban." father replied.

"Why can't I get a broom?" Draco asked.

"Draco, darling, you are quite young." I replied.

"fine."Draco humped.

"Draco, do not act like that with your sister." Mother scolded.

Draco ran upstairs. I knew he was going to come down and apologize. I shared the signature Malfoy smirk with father. Yes I'm a Malfoy, I am no longer a Potter because this family has raised me. Soon, Draco came running down and hugged me. He repeatedly said sorry until I accepted his apology. After that I went upstairs and dressed up. As soon as mother came down after dressing up, we left for Diagon Alley and went our separate ways.