"I don't want to succeed with a dishonest coach! You still care about the miracles," he said.

Her chest became tight as she raised her eyebrow and frowned in discomfort, "how could I not? We were friends until I made a mistake. The least I could do is to be fair, and fight with my own strength..."

Deatoro was quiet for a moment, "...what difference would that have made?"

"Not much... I just wouldn't feel like shit afterwards. Toying with him wasn't right, Toro. I feel sorry for them."

He stared at her before leaving the gym.

"How could you still like them after the shit they've done??" Ryuuji asked.

"I know they're not angels, and I don't like them," she began. "If it wasn't for what I said to them last year, I wouldn't have a sense of guilt for them. I should have kept quiet."

The conversation was interrupted by the metal door opening up as someone stepped in. Everyone looked at the visitor.

"Kuroko?!"

"Huh?!" Rindou exclaimed and turned around to see her senior with a serious expression. She then knew how angry he is about the situation. "I guess I have a lot of explaining to do."

"But Deatoro just left!" Nishimori said.

"I am very disappointed in you, Rindou," he stormed up to her. "After everything you saw them do, your comeback was to do the worst thing you could possibly do to another team?!"

"It wasn't a part of the plan!" Tooru defended as Sudou held the boy's shoulder.

Kuroko wore a surprised expression, "I-It wasn't?"

Rindou scratched the back of her neck, "Deatoro rebelled against me because I wasn't being entirely honest with the team; of why I made it in the first place."

Silence filled the room before Kuroko spoke up, "What's done is done, Rindou. You're the coach, you should take responsibility."

"I am taking responsibility! I basically just told you that it was my fault!" She complained and crossed her arms before turning away.

"Fine. But I didn't come here just to confront you about that. I want you to tell me what happened last year, at the Winter Cup," he stated.

"They never told you?" She faced him.

"I haven't asked them yet, but I want to know your side of the story first. Momoi-san is going to ask the rest for their part."

"It's a long story, senpai."

"I'll listen."

The two sat outside on the grass near the track field where they used to jog as Rindou explained to him what happened.