Dos

*it was a long time coming, and here it is, chapter 2*

"I'm gonna be a hero that people can rely on some day! I'll show all of those people one day eventually!" He said to himself as he walked under a bridge and imitated All Might's signature laugh. It always made him feel better.

But today wasn't going to be any average day, "a disguise, average size, seemingly defenseless,...." Izuku heard muttering from behind him and turned around, he surely regretted it, as he saw a large glob of what apeared to be slime with eyes talking, his eyes widened and he tried to run away, but the creature engulfed Izuku in his slime.

"Don't worry kid, I'm just going to take over your body, it'll only hurt for 45 seconds, then you won't feel a thing!" The sludge monster laughed loudly as Izuku was trying to pull it off, he could've used his quirk, but he was scared, he'd never encountered a real villain before, and he was on the verge of suffocation!

Izuku was struggling, but he was losing energy quickly, 'im sorry Mom, I never got to make you proud, it doesn't look like I'll live much longer", he thought as he slowly lost consiousness, the last thing he heard was an "I am here!".

Slap. Slap. Slap. Izuku's eyes were slowly opening, he heard a faint, "wake up my boy!" As he opened his eyes completely, he was in complete and utter awe, his idol, All Might, was right in fromt of him! He backed up quickly and grabbed his notebook quickly, "c-could you please sign my-" he looked at the pages and saw a signature that took up two whole pages.

"It's already signed?! Thanks All Might! This'll be a Midoriya family treasure!" He said excitedly as he bowed multiple times. "Ah, it was no problem my boy, and thanks for your help with this villain, I'm sorry you got caught up in my business, but now that I've captured him, I must take him to the police!" He said as he turned around and crouched down.

He looked over his shoulder and said "stand back, I'm taking off!" He exclaimed loudly as he was about to jump.

'wait, All Might, I have so many important questions!' he thought as he did something incredibly stupid for how smart he supposedly was.

All Might was in the air when he noticed something off, he looked back and saw the kid he just saved latched onto his leg and not letting go, "woah, I love my fans and all but this is a bit too much!" All Might said concerned as he told the kid to let go, "I can't, if I let go I'll die!" Fair point, so he landed on the nearest building rooftop.

"What you did was incredibly stupid and dangerous!" All Might told Izuku, he looked a bit disappointed. "I just really wanted to ask you a question!" Izuku stated, a bit nervous.

He closed his eyes and spilled the beans, "All Might, all my life I've wanted to be a hero, and I had a seemingly useless quirk, but I realized something a couple years ago and I've been using it in a new way!"

All Might started smoking, and I'm not talking cigarettes, his body was emitting smoke, as Izuku spoke.

"... And I think I could be a hero people could rely on, just like you with a fearless smile!"

Izuku said with a bit of a blush on his face with his eyes still closed, "but today, I couldn't do anything against that slime guy! I got really scared and froze. I wanted to ask you if I could become a hero."

Izuku finished as he opened his eyes, All Might looked at him and was about to open his mouth to say something, when suddenly a big puff of smoke apeared and All Might was now a scrawny middle aged man.

After the shock he initially felt when this happened All Might told him about his fight from five years ago, and showed him stomach injury that he sustained from said battle.

"... Now, there's plenty of fear under my smile, I only smile to hide the fear I feel, heros are always risking their lives to save others, but if you can never get over your fears, I regret to inform you that you probably can't become a hero, it's not about how powerful a quirk is, it's about the person beyond the quirk."

All Might said to him as he walked over to the door, "..but, if you can get over your fears, with a good enough quirk and a lot of ambission, you could be a great hero." He finished as he left the roof of the building.

Izuku was a bit conflcted about his bittersweet moment with All Might, on one hand, he was told that he can't be a hero if he can't get over his fears, but, on the other hand he was told that he could be a great hero if he manages to get over his fears.

He left the building at some point and ended up gravitating Torwards a crowd of people around a shopping district that was on fire.

'wait, that's the same villain that All Might saved me from earlier! He must of dropped the soda bottle that contained the sludge monster when he grabbed into him! It was all his fault!

He felt really bad about it, but also wondered why the hero's weren't doing anything, it was if someone around had a mind reading quirk or something, because they summed up the situation, "they can't do anything because the sludge has a hostage!" What! He looked closer and noticed his childhood friend Katsuki Bakugou trapped within the sludge, he must be in fear, finally their eyes met, and Izuku couldn't just watch any longer.

He ran forward past a the other people and the professional heros who called out to him and told him to come back.

He charged his arm up to about 20% of his full power and punched the sludge villain really hard. It dispersed and splattered anywhere and everywhere from the sheer force of his punch. He looked down at hair fist, for the first time in Izuku's young life, did he know that there was now way he wouldn't become a hero.

Sorry :(

You guys must be mad at me for taking so long to post again, so here I hope you enjoyed this chapter of Batteries and charge. :)