Stolen Moments

"What!

"What!....now?" Zoya asked in low whisper sliding on the edge of panic

"It's past 8...I know but I can't" She reasoned with eyes glancing between door and wall infront as she stood patiently clinging her cell phone sticked to her ear

"Okay" with a heavy sigh she agreed giving in his offer.

She checked her phone once again making sure he hung up as she sneaked out of store room glancing in hallways making sure her parents wouldn't spot her.

She ever so silently stepped back in her room. The first thing she spotted was noor sitting on bed with her phone in hands, earphones on, she intently watched her cell screen not realizing zoya's presence.

"Noor" zoya called hesitantly but she was too engrossed with her watching as the earphone were sticked on her ear holes blocking zoya's call to reach her ears.

Zo touched noor's shoulder stating her presence. Noor was back in reality peeled from the world of Bollywood filmy life's as she plucked out her earphones allowing Zo's voice in.

"I need your help"

******

She glanced down as her palm was placed above her heart in attempt to calm her thumping heart in fear.

"Appi jayiye, kuch nahi hoga" noor pushed her forward just a bit, her knees touched the wall beneath window sill. She suddenly felt a tinge of satisfaction for suggesting a big window being squared in her room.

She felt panic, excitement, happiness, fear, she was overwhelmed. Preparing herself for the night, her eye lids closed as she took one deep breath.

Her focus fell on the guy holding the end of ladder, his grip firm on either side of the wooden stick. His reassuring smile and urgency for her to come down soon managed to dissolve her fear with panic as her excitement to spend with him and happiness for being able to see him again lingered.

Very carefully she stepped out of her window, stepping down slowly with firm grip at every step, taking her own time while he was on alert to catch her if she stumbles.

Couple of minutes later, with continuous utters of 'ya Allah madat' she was down on ground at the end of the ladder safe and sound.

She looked up to noor who was waving her enthusiastically as a goodbye. Zo passed her a small smile while he placed the ladder back in it's place.

"Adi, is this necessary? We could've met tomorrow" zoya complained

"Don't tell me you didn't miss me while I was yearning at my house for one look of yours!" Adi stated back with his one liner

She was out of answers now, yes she missed him, how could she not? His husky voice, dark brown orbs, cute wrinkled smile and most importantly his presence.

Just his presence was enough to bring some unknowing calm in her senses with mist of glee at his sight. Surprisingly this feeling of hers never faded since couple of months.