Ruby was standing there, her eyes shining with happiness, despite the garbage that was leaving her mouth.

"Well hello to you too, Ruby!" I replied, as Grey's arms snaked around my waist, pulling my back flush with his chest.

"Hello big sister." Grey taunted and Ruby, at his words, turned pale.

"God, when you say that, it sounds like you two are married or something." Ruby remarked and I blushed.

Grey just tightened his grip on me and whispered into my ear.

"One day."

***

A few weeks later

Summer was finally here and all of my exams were over (for now). So far, I had spent every day skiving off or doing something useless like watching those videos of people doing everyday chores. I should've planned my summer better.

I was currently slumped on my couch, popcorn in one hand and the remote for my TV in the other. I was watching some trash TV about a woman whose baby's father is yet to be identified. It was amusing to watch and sometimes Dee and I would watch it together merely for the fun of it.

"It's my kid, he's got my feet!" One guy yelled, pushing the other guy backwards.

"He's got my eyes though!" The other guy yelled back, regaining his stance.

Then the lady, I think her name was Giselle, intervened.

"Guys, guys, it's none of y'all. The paternity test came back and it's a nought percent match to either of you. And also, I haven't see you guys for at least a year."

The two guys groaned, shrugged their shoulders and walked off.

I started to laugh. This show was hilarious.

Just as I was about to watch Giselle break the news to another unsuspecting guy, the doorbell rang.

I wasn't expecting anyone though.

I quickly snuck into the kitchen, taking out a frying pan before approaching the front door with caution. Who knows what could be on the other side? Maybe it was a baby!

I opened the door, throwing the frying pan back over my shoulder, ready to smack any intruders.

"Emerald?"

Grey was standing there, confused until he saw the frying pan I was holding before erupting into hearty laughter.

"You... brought... a .... frying pan...to the front... door?"

I frowned, lowering the weapon, despite the current temptation to knock his jaw out with it.

I then realised how I must look right now. There were popcorn fragments dotted all over my hoodie and leggings, making me look like a social recluse.

"I wasn't expecting you." Is all I said, although I was happy to see him.

"I just got back from Spain and I wanted to see you." Grey told me, as I let him into my house.

"What about your man-gang?" I joked, plopping myself back on the couch and stuffing some popcorn into my mouth. Grey sat next to me, making himself comfortable. I leaned forward and offered him some popcorn, as the great host that I am.

He declined and answered my question.

"My 'man-gang' as you call it, are perfectly fine. I'm seeing them this afternoon if you want to come with?" Grey offered.

I thought about it.

"I'm really busy, you see." I responded sarcastically, and Grey chuckled, ruffling the top of my head.

"With Giselle and her baby daddies?" He retorted, after having a quick look at the TV screen.

"Yep."

Grey stood up, lifting me over his shoulder. I screamed, still not used to his surprise ambushes.

"Come on, let's get you ready."

He carried me up the stairs and plopped me down on my bed.

"What do I wear?" I moaned, flicking through my wardrobe disinterestedly.

Grey took a look and pulled out an outfit for me. It was a t-shirt and a dark pair of jeans that looked surprisingly ok together.

"What? Just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I don't have a sense of fashion." Grey sassed, clicking his fingers like a diva. I laughed at his actions and after ordering him out the room, I got changed into the selected outfit.

"Hey Emerald?" Grey called from outside my door.

"What is it, Grey?" I said back, hauling the t-shirt over my head.

"You do know I can see you."

My eyes went wide with fright. The keyhole!

"Pervert!" I hissed, speeding up the pace at which I was dressing.

"Just joking!"

I groaned. I was really self-conscious for a second there.

After I finished getting changed, I opened the door and Grey was sitting there, looking bored. His eyes lit up when he looked up and saw me.

"Emerald?" He asked me, placing his chin on his knees.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know why I call you Emerald?"

I shook my head. Actually, I didn't. It had always baffled me. I assumed he did it to be annoying.

"Because it's more of a beautiful name than Emma. I think for that reason, it suits you."

Although his reasoning was cheesy and probably out of a 'Romance for Dummies' book, I thanked him, diving into his chest and hugging him with all my strength.

"Thanks, badboy."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that brings this book to a close! I don't feel like writing a sequel BUT I'm happy to do some other things. Let me know if you're interested in the following:

-A Q&A
-A chapter from Grey's point of view
-A chapter set in the future?

If there's anything else I haven't mentioned which you want to see, please tell me.

Also!

I am currently writing a few other books, so please check them out if you're interested. (They're not published yet but just collecting dust in my drafts). They will be very different to this book.

Thank you so much for your time and patience. I hope you've enjoyed reading this book as much as I've enjoyed writing it! :))))

Love you all,

D