If you're reading this (and I assume it's Brendon), then I may or may not be in trouble.  I left the night after our last talk to settle some final arrangements with the folks who promised to pay off our debt.  I left on the night of the 21.  If I don't return in two or three days, don't bother to come and find me.

Now, I'm gonna be truthful with you for a second, Brendon.  I told you those folks weren't dangerous, but I lied.  They're loan sharks, real nasty people.  I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry, but I guess all lies have to simmer down to the truth at some point, huh?

Still, I don't want you to worry about me.  I've dealt with these assholes before.  It's nothing new to me, but they've been real determined this past week.  They're not so keen on helping us out with our debt without expecting something in return.  Typical.

I'm hoping I'll be back before you get curious and start poking around.  I don't wanna drag you into this mess, too.  Leave it to me, kid.  Even if I'm not back, I promise everything will work out.  You're just gonna have to trust me on this.

Take care of Ryan and Spencer for me,

Jon

Brendon had had a terrible feeling that those folks were bad people, but having the truth confirmed only made his nausea grow stronger.  Jon was in trouble.  He had left on the 21, and now it was the afternoon of the 25.  Something had happened to him out there, and although Jon told him to stay out of it, Brendon wasn't that kind of person.

He was going to find Jon and help him deal with those loan sharks whether he liked it or not.

But the only thing Brendon didn't know was where to go from there.  He had no idea where Jon was.  He had no idea where those loan sharks camped out.  Were they even still in New Orleans?  Who knew.  The whole ordeal was a complete mystery, and Brendon didn't know where to start.

Then he heard a low meow echoing from the shadows, and those familiar amber eyes pierced through the darkness of the hut.

"Jynx,"  Brendon breathed.  He was sure he'd never been so relieved to see a black cat before.  "You're still here."

Jynx's slender form came into view as she slinked into the candlelight, perching herself at Brendon's feet.  She twitched her long whiskers as if to agree with his words.  Had she really been here all by herself this entire time?

A thought struck Brendon just then, like a bolt of lightning bringing him to life.  Jynx was incredibly intelligent.  She almost seemed celestial, too unreal to be a normal house cat.  What if, somehow, she knew where Jon was?

His fingers tingling with anticipation, Brendon crouched down to her level, the note still in his hands.  Her steady eyes never left his face.  "Hey, you're smart,"  he said.  He couldn't control the tremble in his voice.  "Do you know where your master is?"

Jynx didn't move a muscle, her eyes seeming to pierce straight through him.  Surely she knew what he was talking about.  She was the smartest cat he'd ever met.  If she didn't know where Jon was, then that was it.  The Spotted Cat would go under foreclosure forever, and the thought of that alone made Brendon's heart leap to his throat.  This couldn't be the end.  Not yet.  He refused to believe that everything he'd done over the past two weeks was all for nothing.  The thought was too painful.

Then, Jynx blinked.  She uttered a low purr, and she started to slink toward the open door, her long black tail swishing behind her.

Brendon's skin prickled as he stood, his wide eyes fixated on the black cat as she stared out into the empty streets.  She knew something.  The way her whiskers twitched and the way her amber eyes seemed to gleam with an otherworldly glow made Brendon's stomach do flips inside his abdomen.  What was she thinking behind those divine eyes?

Jynx turned her head to stare at him.  She let out an urgent meow, flicking her tail toward the streets outside.  She wanted to show him something; he couldn't ignore the adrenaline surging through his pulsing veins.

"Take me to him, Jynx,"  he said with a trembling breath.

She led the way into the city.

~~~~~

I only have like 3 and a half weeks left of school but that's far too many days of absolute bull left

Okay so I gotta rant here for a second.  Last Monday I wore a My Chemical Romance shirt to school (because I was feeling extra emo I guess) and after choir my teacher came up to me and said he saw them in concert.  Ofc I was like "really that's so cool omg" but then his bitch ass had the audacity to say they sucked.  Boi.  You don't diss on other people's favorite bands like you don't know what they've been through??  And he said it was before the Black Parade album and that pissed me off even more because Bullets and Revenge are literal masterpieces.  This happened like a week ago and I'm still salty as hell.  You don't say those kinds of things

Anyway, on a lighter note, state band and choir was yesterday and band got a Division I rating for the second year in a row! (Choir got a 1 too but I'm a band geek)  The last time the band got two Division I ratings in a row was in like 2005/2006.  It's all because of our new teacher too.  We got her last year (aka the first year we got a Division I again) and she's a genius.  She's so nice and talented and brilliant and ahh.  She's my favorite.  Might as well be a friend since she just graduated college a year and a half ago.  The purest bean

Also, I might have made a final decision on publishing the WWII AU.  This story is kinda starting to wrap up (I know, I'm sad) so I might publish the WWII story on Saturday, May 26.  Those updates will probably be on Saturdays until this story is done and then it'll move to Sundays and probably Wednesdays since summer is coming up.  Setting specific dates makes me nervous so that's subject to change, but right now, plan on May 26.  GET HYPED BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL AM

Love y'all!  Remember to vote/comment/share with your pals! <3