Chapter 25

I wrung out the washing one last time. For the first time in a long while this plaxe was deserted. It could well be my dour disposition that chased the last of the guests away. No matter I was happy they were gone. That they were all gone. It seemed like a good time to dig into some heavy cleaning. Although having pulled off all the sheets for a wash one go was probably not the way to do it but I was angry... angry at everyone and mostly...at me. So here I was wringing out sheets after sheets after manually scrubbing it raw. At the very least after this mammoth attempt I should earn myself a good nights sleep...at the very least. That was what I was aiming for.

I spent the morning slogging away with the washing and now with sun at its peak in the brightest blue skies I was out here hanging out the wash. This was usually Luc's workload. It still should have been. If he had been here. If he had returned at all.

I called mum last night to pour out my grievance. She had been more a comfort then she ever knew. I was glad I had spoke to her and more so glad of her support. She was with me on this. After all I've been through doubting myself casting myself as the evil incarnate even I was beyond relieved to know my mum backed me up. She hadn't been too pleased in knowing Luc was a possible potential gay and she said I was better off without Jim-James anyhow. So here I was complete with my mother's support but otherwise lonely as hell.

I lined up the last if the sheets and looked about the mess I'd made of the little rocky backyard. My wash was strewn at every corner tied to trees and branches when the clothes lines proved insufficient. Glancing about I decided I'd done enough. I was going to grab a quick meal then pamper myself for a night out in town.

I made my way in stripping off my sweat drenched clothing as I went. I felt free and for once secluded in privacy. It was a blessed feeling. Never would I take privacy for granted again. I stopped by the kitchen dropping my clothes in the washing machine along the way then moved about preparing my sandwich.

The door bell rang when I was still chewing my last morsel. I glanced down at my state of undress and decided to ignore the pealing bell. I would pretend I was not in. I washed up my dishes ignoring the constant ringing of my front door bell. Then I decided to peek at my would be persistent caller.

I inched closer to the front door feeling ..well naked... as I stood there trying to peer out the tiny peephole. But whomever it was, was not in view.

"My god! It really is a Nude Camp," said the husky rich barritone from behind me. I gulped and spun around. I'd forgotten the damn patio doors were wide open. Anyone could have circled the house and found their way in. I decided I would not cower but stand proud and face this intruder head on. I straightened my spine to turn around and gape at whom I saw.