Twenty-four - They Don't Believe In Us

Start from the beginning

"Um...Gerard..." I sat up, looking down at him as he lay there, stroking my knee lightly with his left hand.

"Yes, Frankie?" He smiled, and I had to look away, because I knew he'd be mad about what I was going to say.

"Well...y'know Brendon Urie?" He nodded slowly. "Uh, he - he kinda knows about us."

There was a pause, a long one, and when I glanced at him, he was staring at me with a frown on his face. "How?"

"I - I told him. At the very beginning I told him, before I knew that anything like this was going to happen." I swallowed. "I'm sorry. He's not gonna tell anyone." His eyebrows rose. "He won't! I made him promise. I trust him."

He rolled over onto his stomach, slipping his arms underneath the pillow. I sprawled on top of him, my cheek pressed against his, my arms either side of his. "Who else knows?" He mumbled.

"Nobody. Ryan and Bob know that I have the most perfect boyfriend in the world, but they don't know the identity of said perfect boyfriend."

He smiled, kissing my cheek. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, you know that, right?"

I nuzzled my face into the back of his hair, my hand coming up to run my fingers through the impossibly soft strands. "Really?"

"Yeah, I mean...you're the best boyfriend I've had."

"I'm probably the youngest boyfriend you've had."

He reached behind him, pressing his finger to my lips. "Shh, we don't talk about that."

I breathed a laugh, adjusting myself so my legs were on the bed and not on him. "Gee?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you..."

"Masturbate on a daily basis? No, babe, I can't say I do."

I prodded the back of his shoulder. "Shut up. Now you've made me forget what I was gonna say."

He laughed, patting my ass. "Sorry, sweetheart."

I climbed off of him, sitting up and crossing my legs. "Can I see what you bought me?"

He grinned, rolling into his back. "Not yet." He stood and I pouted.

"Please?"

"Not until Saturday."

"Gerard!" I whined, and he just grinned, standing at the end of the bed and placing his hands on his hips.

"Y'know...one day, when we fuck -" I watched his lips form the f-word, completely and utterly mesmerised by the way he pronounced it. "- we're gonna have to act like teacher and student." He licked his lips, and I was drawn to them again. "You can be the bad student that pisses me off, and I can be the teacher that tells you off." He bit his lip. "Sounds a little like real life, to be honest."

I just swallowed, lost in the look he was giving me and aching for a cigarette. I glanced towards my bag and he handed it to me, meaning that I could take my cigarettes from it.

"You can smoke in here if you want." He said, sitting on the bed. "So long as I can share."

I lit it up and took a deep drag, letting the smoke drift towards the ceiling before passing it to him. He took his own drag, beautifully graceful and addictively sure of himself, blowing the smoke out in a smile so it mixed with mine. He handed the cigarette back to me before leaning over and kissing me.

"God, you're amazing." He breathed, pulling away.

"So are you." I told him, and he kissed down my neck, moving my shirt collar to the side so he could kiss more of my skin. "Gerard - Gerard, people are gonna see -"

"Let them see."

"Brendon and Ryan already saw the ones on my hips."

He pulled back, an amused smile playing at his lips. "How did that happen?"

"I -" I glared at him as he stole the cigarette from me, lying back as he smoked it. "I was attempting to raid the cupboards, and because I'm short, my shirt must've moved up my body, and then Ryan walked in all like 'why have you got bruises on your hips', and...yeah."

He laughed, his hand covering his mouth as his eyes crinkled up at the corners and his shoulders shook. I smiled in amusement, watching him giggle to himself.

"When you go to New York, can I come visit you?" I asked, and he nodded, still smiling to himself.

"Sugar, I expect you at my new apartment so much you become part of the furniture."

My eyebrows rose. "So I'm just your - your lamp, or whatever?"

"Shut up, you know what I mean. Of course you can visit, and when you've graduated, you can move in with me if you want."

"Yeah?" He nodded. "I'd like that."

He sat up, putting the cigarette out in the ashtray, and all of a sudden I felt really quite sad. I threw my arms around him, burying my face in his neck, and he gasped in surprise.

"What's wrong?" He asked, rubbing my back gently as tears ran down my face.

"I'll miss you." I mumbled, breathing him in. I'd gotten used to his smell, of the coffee and cigarettes he had on a daily basis, of the slight lemony scent of his new shampoo. It was stupid, because I hadn't known him for long, but I'd gotten overly attached to him and being around him was one of my favorite things.

"I'll miss you too, Frankie." He pressed a kiss to my neck, taking a deep breath. "You'll be okay though. Just try not to think about it for now." He held me at arm's length, brushing my hair from my face and my tears from my eyes. "Are you hungry?"

I shrugged. "Kinda..."

"C'mon, then." He took my hand, getting off the bed. "I'll cook us something."

As he led me downstairs and into the kitchen, the only thing I thought was: oh, fuck - I'm gonna miss him more than I want to admit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably not the best chapter ever, but ohwell, just a filler really xD I know what I'm putting for the next chapter, though;);););)

Okay, question: remember Gerard talking a couple of chapters ago about stockings and corsets and all that jazz? Would you guys be opposed to either one of them, uh, being in that shit? I've asked someone about this and her response was kind of 'YES YES I APPROVE' etc etc, so... xD I can write that if you want, idk...so yeah, tell me what you think :)

Next chapter will be better, I promise - and go check out my message board for a few announcements I made about an hour ago:3

So long and goodnight,

-xocharr <3