Genesis - Chapter 15

The group continued their flight from the island, making their way over the Pacific, then South America, and the Atlantic, before finally hitting Europe, and then landing at their base in Grenoble. They exited the aircraft, carrying Spencer out, who was still limp from exhaustion, and laid him in his quarters.

• • • • •

Back at the island, Benedict is busy calling up fellow organizations, asking them to join up. As he's talking to one in particular, a group called The Data Miners, they tell him about a mysterious third party source that has been damaging their efforts, to which Benedict asks he be informed if they ever find it.

• • • • •

Spencer awoke and groaned, feeling very sore. He looked to his left and saw Atticus sitting on a stool.

“Are you feeling all right?”

“Other than being sore all over, I'm just fine.”

“Marcy said you were really tired from your transformations. After resting a bit more, you might want to train some so you don't pass out again.”

“He's right.” Bai walked into the room with a slight look of satisfaction. “If you even try to train now, you won't be able to lift much more than an empty basket. You're very weak, and you need more rest.”

“I get it, I get it. I did want to talk to Marcy about something, but it can wait. I should catch up with Att.”

“Alright.” Bai left, leaving Spencer with Atticus.

“So, what have you been doing?”

“A whole lotta stuff. These guys have a big ‘cyberwar’ going on with other groups. Siphoning bank accounts, hacking webcams to spy on people, basically any method you could think of to gain resources. We've been doing our best to block these efforts, though I was doing a lot of the work. Apparently I'm that good at it. I was attacking them left and right, preventing them from growing their empires, and I don't think they even know what's happening. I'm feeling quite good about it, really.”

“Good job, Att.”

“So, what about you? What happened after the bank?”

“A lot of interesting stuff. Let's see, I met another secret organization called the ‘De-Illuminati’ who have this belief that the gods of popular mythology created us out of pure boredom, a teenaged girl who can turn on electronics just by touching them... ”

“Sounds cool!”

“Yep, though I haven't seen her use it yet. There's also her ‘pet’. Some wild kid who looks about seven and has this rage attack. His eyes turn red and he gets really strong and fast.”

“That is all interesting.”

“Lastly, I killed the head of the group, who called himself Favio, and I guess his second in command was this other guy called Dominic, who was convinced we'd all done some horrible things and wanted to torture us into being good people.”

“Hmm. Psychotic guy.”

“Definitely.”

“I wonder if these De-illuminati people are one of the groups I've been hack-tacking.”

“Hack-tacking?”

“Yeah. Hack Attacking. Hack-tacking.”

“That is the weirdest and yet maybe the coolest mashup I've ever heard. Well, maybe they were. I'm glad your hack-tacking has gone well.”

“Thanks.”

“Well anyways, I think I'll go get something to eat. Thanks for checking up with me. I'm glad this is going well for you and that you're enjoying it.”