"This is really good." She remarked before setting it down on the end table. "I'm a little bit of a mess right now. Being around you makes it all just sort of come out. I've ways felt safe and comfortable with you, you know? I've never had to hide anything and it's been awhile, so it's all kind of manifesting itself in a very messy way."

"Selena, look at me." I said as she turned her head to make eye contact. "I can take it."

"I know." She said scrunching her eyebrows together. "I just don't know where to start."

"The beginning is usually a good place." I smiled.

"Can I be honest with you Demi?" She asked.

"Of course."

"I am very confused right now about so many things. Like I said, I don't even know where to begin." She said as she pushed her hair to the side. "I have been desperately trying for so long to be the person that Justin wanted me to be that I don't even know who I am anymore. I don't even know I feel. It used to be so simple. I'm sitting here with you and I still miss him. He was terrible to me and I still fucking miss him."

"You were together for almost four years Sel. It takes time to heal." I said while she shook her head.

"I shouldn't miss him Demi. Do you have any idea what he's done to me?" She asked sounding slightly annoyed.

"Not really. You haven't really told me Sel." I sighed. "You guys have a lot of history. It's going to be hard."

I could tell she was getting frustrated. "A few days ago I was so happy. I was with you and I felt free. For the first time in forever I knew what I wanted. Now, I'm just not so sure. I can't shake him." She said sadly.

"Am I adding to your confusion?" I asked.

"Yes." She breathed. "Very much so. I've been confused about you since I was sixteen."

"Tell me what to do?" I said as pushed a strand of hair behind her ear "Tell me what you need and I'll do it. It doesn't matter."

"Just be here Demi." She sighed.

"I've always been here Sel. Always."

"I know..." She said softly. "I hope you know that I'm not here just because my life is falling apart. You're more than just a soft place to land."

"Of course I know that."

"Demi. I love you." She said very seriously.

"I love you too." I said as I stood. "I have to go take care of some things at the bar. You wanna come with me?" I asked.

"Not today. I'm not really in the mood. I'm probably just going to soak in the bath." She said almost smiling.

"I'll leave you to it then." I said as I walked away.

Before I got into the house I felt her touch my arm. I turned around and felt her arms wrap around me. She held onto to me like her life depended on it. When she let me go, her brown eyes stared into mine as she lightly traced my jawline with her fingertips. She paused and held her finger in my chin dimple. I wanted to laugh, but somehow I managed to maintain my composure. Her brow was furrowed and she seemed to be deep in thought. Without warning, she kissed my cheek and disappeared into the house. It took me a moment to collect myself. She was fucking weird sometimes.

I walked into the house and noticed a trail of clothes leading into the bathroom. The door was slightly ajar and I could hear the water running. I watched as she lowered herself into the steaming water. She was absolutely beautiful. I didn't hide the fact that I could see her. She noticed me as I picked up her discarded clothes. She smiled and it was the kind of smile that reached here eyes. I was thankful for that. I hated it when her smiles were fake. I tossed her clothes ino the hamper and I went into the kitchen. I searched through the wine rack until I found what I was looking for and I poured a glass. I grabbed my iPod and pulled up a playlist that I had made for her a long time ago. Without asking permission I walked into the bathroom, handed her the wine, then plugged my iPod into the dock. Once the music started playing and I was satisfied with the volume, I left.