I smiled when she reached over and turned the radio up. It's as if she could read my mind. She squealed when she heard one of her favorite songs, About A Girl playing.

"Demi! Sing it to me!" She demanded.

"I don't know Sel..." I teased. "I don't think I remember the words...." I grinned playfully.

"Demiiiiiiiiiii! Pleeeeeeaaaase!" She whined.

I couldn't say no to her. "I'm not in love, this is not my heart. I'm not gonna waste these words about a girl." I sang to her as she smiled brilliantly at me.

I used to sing this song to her all the time. She had the same look in her eyes she used to get when we were sixteen. It was somewhere between I want you and you terrify me. I guess some things never change. By the time the song ended we had made it to the house. She was excited to finally be here. It had been a long day of travel for her. Joe was sitting on the porch playing guitar as we pulled up. He quickly put the instrument down and smiled at Selena as she jumped out of the Jeep.

"There she is!" He said excitedly as she ran towards him.

"Joe!" She squealed happily as she crashed into him and hugged him tightly.

"It's so good to see you Sel." He grinned at her. "Come on, lets get you settled." He said draping an arm around her shoulder as he led her inside.

I got out of the Jeep and gathered up her luggage. I could hear her laughing as I made my way into the house. I loved it when she laughed. It gave me life. I had missed her so much. We had kept in contact throughout the years. Surprisingly we were able to maintain a very close friendship despite the long distance. We never went longer than a day without talking to each other. We also made it a point to see each other at least once a year. Now that she lived with me, I wouldn't have to worry about missing her. I carried her suitcases into her room and made my way out to the back porch to see if Taylor needed help.

"You good Tay?" I asked the blonde.

"Yeah. Just finishing up the carne asada." She smiled. "Is Selena here?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yup. You should come meet her. Joe's showing her around the house."

"Let me finish this real quick." She smiled as she turned off the grill and placed the perfectly cooked meat onto a plate.

Once she finished, we walked inside and made our way into the kitchen to find Selena and Joe. Joe was chopping up stuff for the tacos and Selena was sitting at the breakfast bar drinking a beer.

"Didn't take you long to get comfortable." I said as I sat next to her. "This is Taylor." I said.

"Nice to meet you." She said to Taylor with a warm smile.

"You are absolutely stunning!" Taylor gushed which caused Selena to blush.

"Thank you." She said softly.

"I'm so happy you're here!" Taylor said sweetly. "Demi and Joe have told me so much about you."

I could tell Selena was slightly embarrassed. "Good things I hope." She said laughing lightly.

"Of course." Taylor winked.

We all sat down to dinner and spent time catching up and in Taylor and Selena's case, getting to know each other. I watched as my friends laughed and enjoyed each others company. I was a lucky person. I had so much love in my life. They were everything to me. Every so often I would catch Selena looking at me. She wouldn't turn away or try to hide it, she'd simply hold my gaze. As I looked into her chocolate brown eyes, I could see the storm that was slowly building. She'd come to me when she was ready.