O N E

Going to school was always the hardest part of my day

Going to school was always the hardest part of my day. The constant teasing I would receive because of the way I dressed, or the way I acted. The other girls were always so different from me, and they hated me for it. Hopefully, college won't be that way. I'll be living on campus so I hope my roommates are nice. Maybe I'll finally be able to tell them my secret.

My thoughts are hopeful as I drag the smallest of my bags through the door of my new dorm. Thankfully I was able to get a dorm that was more like an apartment. This means I'll have my own room, and my roommates will have there own. Jason, my brother, and our parents walk in with the rest of my stuff. I've never been able to carry very much so I was glad they were willing to help. We had already brought in most of the things I brought, and it seems one my roommates had arrived.

"You must me Rosalie!" A tall blonde yells from across the room before rushing towards me. "I'm Piper." She introduces herself before unexpectedly pulling me into a hug. "Julie just came in with her first trip of stuff, so she'll be back soon. I have to go get the rest of my things, but that won't take very long. Oh! I love you outfit! It's so cute." Piper rambles before she walks out the door. I look down at my pink dress that I paired over a black and white striped shirt (above). That was the first time anyone had complimented something I wore, other than my family. I think college will be just fine.

I spent most of the day with my family, but they had to leave before dinner

I spent most of the day with my family, but they had to leave before dinner. Now I was alone in the living room, well until someone I assume is Julie walks in. She walks straight to the fridge without noticing me, so I just turn back to the TV Making my pigtails swing. I'm sat crossed legged near the arm rest when someone else walks in. Foots steps are heard until they suddenly stop next to me. A heavy weight sits so close next to me that the indent they leave causes me to fall over into whoever it is lap.

"Careful darling." A deep voice says, amusement laced in his voice. I squeak shooting straight into a sitting position, or at least I tried to. The momentum caused me to nearly fall backwards off the coach, I would have if not for the guy sitting next to me. "Sorry darling, I didn't mean to startle you." He sounds sincere as he apologizes, so I nod. Except this causes him to tsk. "Words, love. Use your words." The gentle yet dominant tone in his voice causes a shiver to run down my spine.

"It's okay." My voice is soft as I force myself to answer him. He doesn't seem to like me looking down, so he reaches to lift my head to look up at him. Even sitting down he's so much taller than my small 5'2" frame. A slight beard and mustache is visible across his face, and his piercing eyes seem to look deep into my own. He reaches his other hand to run though his messy dark hair. My breath catches as a smirk appears on his face as he catches me watching him.

"I'm Ethan." I barely catch his name, too busy watching as his lips move. Shaking my head I glance up to see him watching me expectedly. This makes me realize he doesn't know my name.

"My name's Rosalie, but, um, you can you can call me Rosie." I stutter slightly as my words come out shyly. Something flashes in his eyes as his smirk becomes a soft smile.

"Ethan!" A slightly harsh voices causes me to flinch. "Stop flirting with the poor girl, we have to meet mom in 20 minutes, lets go!" This causes us to break eye contact, his eyes move to the girl standing next to the TV as a blush spreads across my cheeks. "I'm sorry about my brother, I'm Julie by the way, you must be Rosalie. Sorry we didn't meet earlier, had to help this weirdo here with moving in." Julie talks fast while eating the banana in her hand. My eyes are wide as I try to take everything in.

"Hi, yeah I I'm Rosalie, but you can call me Rosie. It's okay I was with my parents most of today, so I was here much anyway." I'm surprised that I don't stumble over my words as I say this. Looking at Ethan for some kind of reassurance, I'm relieved when I see him smiling softly down at me. Shortly after that awkward conversation they left leaving me alone again.

 Shortly after that awkward conversation they left leaving me alone again