Chapter 4

One night me and Lee were sitting in my room eating chocolate biscuits by candle light. Lily was fast asleep in the corner. She and Akamaru often went for walks together and it tired them out.

"Hey Misao..." said Lee sleepily.

"Yeah?" I said still wide awake.

"Do you want to be a ninja yet?"

"I'm okay thanks. I still want to be a chef."

"That's a shame. It would be fun to have you at the academy."

"But I'm there almost every afternoon!"

"It's not the same. Hey, can I tell you something?"

"Sure." I replied.

"It's a secret though." At this my back straightened. I love secrets! They make me feel all warm on the inside.

"I would never say anything about your secret, Lee. I would rather die than betray your trust!" That's the truth. Lee is my bestest best friend. I would probably shrivel up and die without him.

"I really like you." Lee revealed. I blushed. Lee saw this in the faint candle light. "Sorry! I don't want to embarrass you..."

"No you didn't. It's just that I really like you too."

"Really? Even though I'm not as handsome as other ninjas?"

"I don't care about looks. You're beautiful in my mind because you're kind and you care for everyone. You never let anyone die and you're really funny. I know I can trust you with anything and anyone."

"That's such a nice thing to say... Thank you Misao."

"It's true." I blushed again. I always found it hard to say things like that. Luckily you only confess your love to your soul mate once. Unless you somehow get two?

"I'm happy I met you." Lee smiled at me.

"I'm happy I met you too, Lee. You've taught me so much. I wish I knew how to repay you."

"You don't need to!" Said Lee and he suddenly hugged me. I hugged him back only for him to tickle me. I fell on my back giggling. When I calmed down I attacked with tickles as revenge. We rolled around my floor tickling each when we accidentally knocked into the sleeping Lily. She raised us and gave us a death glare.

"Some of us are trying to sleep." She said groggily.

"Sorry!" Me and Lee chorused cheerfully.

We snuggled down on the floor and fell asleep in each other's arms. I never felt so much at peace.