Choosing

Sam's P.O.V

"Cat I'm home. " she shouted

"Sam? I thought you were already home and Melanie went out." Cat's getting confused by this already. It didn't take much.

"No it's me, I'm pretty sure I'm sam positive." I stated as I patted myself down like some idiot.

"Oh where's Melanie?" Fuck if I know.

My phone buzzed.

From: Tori

Hey meet me in 5 minutes ready xx

"Who's that?" She asked

She yanked it out of my hand

"See no one"

""You were meeting Tori without me?" She said with sorrow in her voice. Fuck.

"No kitten, you can come with me? Silly." I laughed

"I like that nickname" she giggled

"SAM!" Melanie shouted me from the other room.

"What?"

"Mom wants is back on Seattle"

"W-what.....Ww-hen I-" Cat started crying and ran to our bedroom she locked the door.

"Cat please, open up." I'm standing on the other side of the door waiting, I love her seriously I don't want to hurt her Melanie had to open her mouth.

"I... I'm not going." I don't want to be left alone with a wack job of a mother, mostly importantly I don't want to leave Cat. I couldn't, I promised.

"But you have to she's your mom, she needs you-" I needed her, but she didn't have me. Payback. 

"I need my Cat." I would feel lost with her.

"But I'm not allowing you to stay." I hear her sob. I want to stay. I'm old enough to make my own lane decisions right?

"Open up."I hear the door unlock.

"Look Cat, I'm not leaving. She can just get her boyfriends to help her out I ain't gunna leave I'm staying with you." All those years she abandoned me.

She put her arms around my neck and we shared kind of a hug?

"Not a Hugger." I liked them, but I just kept my guard up a little.

"I know it's just.... I don't know... You make me happy." Im going to well up in a minute. Subject change.

"Hey how about we to Tori's sleepover" I hope she comes with. 

"Okay Let's get your sister to the airport." I'll miss my sister, but it's the right thing to do.

********At the airport******

"Well sis, you should visit more often, I like have you around." I'm trying to be nice  I really did enjoy her staying with us.

"Will do, promise, oh and Sam, I'll tell Freddie you love him." she giggles, not funny.

"You do that and I'll break your neck, but tell Carls and mom I miss them." My mom, not so much. Carly, I miss her like crazy.

"Okay, haha and Bye Cat take care of my sister, I know it's hard and she's not the best person to get on with but she's loyal. " Melanie laughs and smiles, I want her to shut up. I have a feeling she knows I like Cat.

"I will Melanie, she's my best friend!"

"Hey kid, thanks for being there for me, I love you" Melanie and Sam both hug. Melanie begins to board.

I miss her already, tears start to make damp tracks down my cheek. Puckett's don't cry, it's just allergies.

"Hey Sammy it's okay." she pulls me into a hug "I'm here for you" she really is and she'll always will be.