"Because your actions infuriate me, Archibald, sorry." Lauren finally let out, sending the boy a quick glare before huffing and deflating back on the sofa. 

"This is so not me." Jughead grumbled, his face still filled with emotion. 

"It doesn't matter, Jughead, you're her boyfriend now." Archie laughed, shaking his head.

"What does that mean?" The boy questioned, his voice rising. 

Archie smiled, ducking his head slightly. "That means you're getting a party weather you like it or not." 

Jughead scoffs but doesn't argue when a subtle knocking interrupts their conversation, immediately, F.P Jones poked his head through the small gap of the door, his hands wrapped around a box meant to be a present. He walked in, hesitantly as Lauren admired and appreciated his small token. 

"Dad, hey." Jughead starts, standing up, making Lauren get up into a seated position as well. 

"Happy Birthday, Jughead." F.P said, pursing his lips into a tight smile. 

Archie stood up as well, eyeing the present in his hands. "How are you, Mr.Jones?" 

F.P shrugged, his smile not leaving his face as Lauren stood up with a grin. "Happy to be here, celebrating with my son." 

"Hey, F.P." Lauren greeted, with a nod of her head, in any normal situation she would have given the man a hug but the tension in the air refrained her. 

"Lauren," F.P nodded, before continuing. "I didn't realize you had so many friend." 

"He doesn't." 

"I don't." 

Lauren and Jughead share a quick look of amusement before turning back to see the latter's father. "Fair warning, you're the only adult here." 

"So I gather. Where can I put this?" He gestured to the box in his hands. 

"There's a table in the den." Archie answered, receiving a polite nod from the man, he turned to leave. 

"Dad," Jughead stopped him, "Did Betty, call you?"

"She did. Came over too, she knows what she wants, that one." 

****

"You, Archie and Lauren are my friend, okay?" 

That sentence is what made Lauren leave the couple alone in the garage and from then on she was unsure of where to go. So when Lauren made the decision of leaving the party in general, Jughead was on his way to the main door too, but when Lauren turned to the knob, Cheryl Blossom and Chuck Clayton stopped her from doing so. 

Lauren licked her lips and glared at Chuck, his large silhouette covering most of the doorway. "Get out of my way, Chuck."

"No can do, Laur." Chuck laughed, licking his ow lips, smirking. "Where do you and guest of honor think you're going?" 

With that said, Lauren furrowed her brows, turning around to see Jughead right behind herself, glaring daggers at both the redhead and the jock. 

Lauren let out a breathe, exhaling lowly, maneuvering her body to get through the space but Chuck pushed her back, placing a large hand on her shoulder.

Cheryl pouted falsely. "Oh, but you can't leave now. We haven't even played our game yet." 

Betty and Veronica emerged from the crowd, looking at Lauren and Cheryl in confusion noticing the former's eyes burning with infuriated rage. 

"Listen up, party people." Cheryl announced. "Everyone has their secrets and we've all done our fair share of sinning. That's one thing my dear brother's death revealed. So let's play a little game to get the secrets out in the open."