[7]

A/N: sorry

a few days later, dan woke up with a snort to the incessant ringing on his phone. he sat swiftly up and put the phone to his ear. it kept ringing. dan sighed and swiped to answer the call before putting his phone to his ear again. "dan i just had an amazing idea!", dan sighed. "phil? what time is it?" he squinted trying to read his clock across the other side of his dark room. "it's 10, aka time to wake up and do some baking with me and dean!" he remembered that they'd had a sleepover last night, he couldn't come because of some late night library shift. "what? baking? i haven't baked since i was like 4, phil." "it's probably time you learn then isn't it?" phil retorted "get to my house in 20 minutes or i'll never let you borrow my physics notes again!" dan groaned as he heard the dial tone.

~

dan dunked his face in the lukewarm water filling his bathroom sink and wiped the droplets away with the closest towel. he sighed, his head was thumping but he didn't want to miss another opportunity to hang out with phil and dean. grabbing the closest t-shirt he could find, he shrugged it on along with some jeans, and put a large shirt over the top. dan grabbed his keys and raced out the door "bye dad!"

~

as dan walked into the kitchen, an explosion of flour hit him from the direction of the counter, and then another from beside the fridge. "what the!" exclaimed dan, brushing the dust from his eyes. he walked further into the kitchen with his vision still blurry. phil jumped down from the counter he was resting on and barged straight into dan, knocking the both of them onto the ground. "good thing we ran out of eggs." laughed dean. "bad thing we ran out 'cause we dropped them on the floor though." phil giggled whilst lifting himself from on top of dan and proceeding to wipe egg remnants from his cheek onto the bottom of his shirt. "i think wearing black was a bad decision," dan replied meekly "but i don't think i could bear to look as bright as you two." dean extended an arm towards dan, and playfully nudged phil with his foot. "dean, why are you only wearing one shoe?" dan asked cautiously. "uuuhm... long story." he replied as he and phil erupted into laughter. "dear lord," muttered dan "i cannot belive i'm here."

~

a few hours later, and one devastating mess in the kitchen, the boys retreated to phil's room. "i can't believe that i'm 17 and just spent my morning baking." dan joked. "hey! theres nothing wrong with baking!" argued phil, "especially when it turns out good." dean added, crumbs spitting out his mouth. "what's this recipe phil? i think i need to eat this cake everyday for the rest of my life!" phil sighed "dean, you're eating a cookie. and it's an old recipe my grandma taught me, i'll write it down." phil motioned to his desk "dan can you pass me that notebook and a pen." dan rolled his eyes and stood up and picked up the note pad. he noticed the paper had little flowers around the edges, and was tinged pink. not only that, but on the open page of the book there was a word crossed out, he could barely make out what it said but he was pretty certain it said 'dan'. dan, now in a zombie like state, handed phil the notebook and started to move back to his seat. "uhh dan?" he looked up at the sound of his name, "i'll get my own pen then i guess." phil joked. dan forced a chuckle, "whoops." and sat down.

hm. weird.

A/N: this is the longest part i've written and i wrote it all at once in about half an hour. i think the words reflect that. i'd like to add again, to try and stop my own embarrassment, that i'm not really much of a fan of dan and phil and don't 'ship' them. it's likely i'm going to end this story either with them just being friends or something very similar and light. i hope you don't mind, and im sorry for what a mess i am. i'd also like to reiterate how immensely happy and shocked i am at the response this story has had. thank you ((: