separation » jikook

little!jimin (mental age 1-5)//caregiver!jungkook

ok how is this my first jikook one-shot? we're 29 chapters in and i haven't written a jikook chapter yet. why didn't any of you tell me omg--

~*~

When Jimin woke up that morning without Jungkook sleeping next to him, he first figured that the younger male was having a shower. But when he finally willed himself to actually get out of bed to check, he realised that he couldn't hear the sounds of water running, or Jungkook's melodic voice coming from the bathroom, so he crossed that one off the list.

Jimin's second thought was that he was in the kitchen or living room, making breakfast or watching TV.

But when he didn't see Jungkook in either of those places, Jimin started to panic. Where could he be?

Jungkook knew about Jimin's terrible separation anxiety, and how he couldn't be left alone for five minutes before breaking out into a cold sweat. (How Jimin managed to survive high school, college and university without Jungkook was beyond either of them).

But it got much worse when he was in little space.

Normally, Jimin would be able to manage without Jungkook for a few hours if he was big and had something else to preoccupy himself with. But that was only if he knew where Jungkook would be and how long he would be gone for.

This, however, happened out of the blue. Jimin had no idea where Jungkook was, or how long he would be, which led his mind to wander into its dangerous parts.

He started to wonder if Jungkook had left him; if he'd grown tired of his constant clinginess, grown tired of him. Whether he loved him anymore and whether he was coming back. Whether he hated little Jimin and whether he didn't want the tedious task of looking after him anymore.

The very thought of being caregiverless again made Jimin slip so easily that he started crying as a result of his own patheticness and as a result of the state of abandonment he found himself in.

He wanted Jungkook, wanted him to cuddle him close to his chest and tell him that he would never leave him, and that he would love him forever and ever. To tell Jimin that he was his perfect baby boy, and that he always will be.

~*~

Another twenty minutes went by with Jimin like that, crying his eyes out until he had tired himself out and collapsed asleep on the couch.

When Jungkook returned home, he let a small smile creep up onto his face at the sound of Jimin's light snores filling the living room. Creeping to the kitchen quietly, he started unpacking this week's groceries into the fridge, freezer and respected cupboards he had organised.

Once he was done, Jungkook made his way back to the living room, where Jimin was still sleeping with his thumb in his mouth (which Jungkook hadn't noticed until now). He also hadn't noticed the dry tears staining his chubby, red cheeks, and Jungkook frowned lightly.

Grabbing a dummy from one of the bookshelves next to the TV, Jungkook knelt down in front of the couch - in front of Jimin - and carefully removed his thumb from his mouth, replacing it with the dummy which Jimin immediately began sucking on.

Smiling fondly, Junkook began to stroke his little's blonde hair lovingly, trailing his hand down to his cheek, where he wiped away any remaining or excess tears. This caused Jimin to stir, and when the little opened his eyes drearily to see Jungkook right there, he lost it.

Jimin's eyes immediately filled with tears as he lurched himself forward at Jungkook, wrapping his arms around his neck and crying loudly into the silence of the living room.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked worriedly, brows creased as he wrapped his own arms around Jimin's back, rubbing it up and down and in circles.

"D-Daddy!" Jimin sobbed loudly, and Jungkook picked him up, standing up from his awkward position on the carpeted floor.

"Shh, baby, Daddy's here. Daddy's got you," Jungkook reassured, letting Jimin wrap his legs around his waist too as he rocked the boy back and forth in his arms. "Tell Daddy what's wrong, sweetheart."

"W-woke up this morning a-and Daddy wasn't here!" Jimin cried into Jungkook's neck, soaking part of his t-shirt. "Thought Daddy l-left me!"

Jungkook moved over to the couch and cradled Jimin in his arms like the little baby he was, peppering kisses to his tiny face. "Oh, baby...Daddy just went out to get some groceries, honey. You know Daddy would never leave you - never in a million years."

Jimin was beginning to calm down now in the presence of Jungkook, who was pressing open-mouthed kisses to his hands and wrists and shoulders and face, really whatever inch of skin he could find access to.

He inhaled the scent of his boyfriend and caregiver, feeling at ease just a little bit. Jungkook had this familiar smell about him - a good one, obviously - that was always able to relax Jimin even in the worst of situations.

"That's a good boy, Jimin. Breathe for me, there we go, baby," Jungkook kept whispering short praises to Jimin that made his heart flutter and curl up further into Jungkook's chest. "You're my baby boy, Jimin, my baby boy forever. I love you so much, buttercup."

Jimin located the dummy that had fallen on the floor when he started crying, and pointed at it, making a short noise in the back of his throat that made Jungkook look down at him.

"What is it, angel?" He asked, and Jimin looked up at Jungkook before pointing down at the dummy again. "Ah, let me get that for you, princess."

Albeit it was hard, but Jungkook still managed to get the dummy without having to let go of Jimin, and he cleaned it off quickly before popping the comfort item back into Jimin's mouth. "Better, darling?" He asked, running the back of his finger down Jimin's chubby cheek and Jimin nodded. "Good boy."

~*~

seriously how have i never written for jikook before?