thirty-one

"Aaahhh! Good morning!" Ruibin said, stretching his arms out. He just finished jogging with Jeffrey and Qin Fen.

Lifen threw a shirt at her boyfriend, "Wear a shirt, will you?"

"Ohh, someone's being protective," Yanchen teased.

Shuzhen raised her eyebrow, "Well, unlike you, Yanchen, Lifen knows how to protect what's hers,"

"Ouch," Jeffrey comments. "Now that hit the spot,"

Qin Fen sat on the couch beside Peiyao and Zuo Ye who were busy playing video games, "Is she still being stubborn?"

"Ge, she's not that easy to begin with." Peiyao muttered beside him.

"Like a certain someone we know," Zuo Ye winked, looking at Peiyao.

Qin Fen's rage was suddenly felt in the room. He faced his two younger brothers, gritting his teeth, "Did I ask for your opinion?"

"No, no, you didn't." Both of them shook their heads quickly and turned the game off as they exited the room.

"Woah, woah, woah," Zimo laughed, walking inside. "What's with the sudden tension in here?"

Jeffrey crossed his arms, "We're still trying to think of a plan to get Yanchen and Mingzhu together."

"Hey, you started this," Ruibin pointed out. "You should have something up your sleeve already."

Zimo shrugged, "I'm out of ideas. Besides, I was the one who asked him to sit beside her in the bus and help her with her bag."

"Well, your plan backfired," Yanchen said, feeling a bit hopeless.

"We need something big." Shuzhen suggests. "Something that can make the two of you talk."

Lifen tilted her head, "How about leaving the two of them alone?"

Shuzhen looked outside and saw what she's been looking for, "I have an idea."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Are you and Kaihao, dating already?" Mingzhu asks Yanyu as they watch Kaihao and Zuo Ye running around in the water.

"What makes you say that?" Yanyu replied, trying to avoid the question.

Bangbang sat down beside them. He was busy taking pictures earlier. "I thought you liked Zhangjing?"

Yanyu laughed, waving her hand, "He was just a distraction. Besides, Kaihao is so sweet."

"You haven't answered my question yet," Mingzhu reminded her.

"Maybe," Yanyu whispered, as she leaned in towards her bestfriend's ear, "We actually kissed but we never DTR-ed."

Bangbang who was sitting beside them, heard the whole thing, "What's DTR?"

"Define the relationship," Mingzhu replied.

"Seriously, Hu Zhibang. We really need to find you a girlfriend!" Yanyu exclaimed, looking around. "Oh, that girl looks cute. Hey-!"

Bangbang was quick to react as he covered Yanyu's mouth with his hand, "What are you doing, Yanyu?"

The girl removed his hands from her mouth, "You're really not going to find someone if you act like that."

Mingzhu chuckled, "Maybe Bangbang's not ready yet,"

Yanyu frowned then turned to Mingzhu, "What about you, Qin Mingzhu? When are you ready to face Zhou Yanchen?"

Mingzhu gulped, feeling a nervous lump in her throat, "Can we not talk about him? It's a fine day, plus the sun is shining. I don't want it to be gloomy all of a sudden."

Yanyu suddenly remembered something, "You know, Shuzhen told me something yesterday when we were brushing our teeth."

"Did she say how much Yanchen wants her back?" Mingzhu grinned. Still trying to fake how she feels.

"That's not even close," Yanyu says. "Plus Yanchen doesn't want her back anymore. Were you even listening to what all of us are saying?"

"She must've hit her head this time," Bangbang whispers, looking at Kaihao and Zuo Ye who were walking back to them.

"What are we talking here?" Kaihao asks, sitting beside Yanyu.

"We're talking about Mingzhu's lovelife," Yanyu replied.

"Oohh," Zuo Ye pushed Bangbang a bit and leaned in, "Let's hear it. Are you and Yanchen-ge back together now?"

Mingzhu was about to answer but Bangbang spoke, "Setting that aside. What did Shuzhen tell you Yanyu?"

"Oh, right," Yanyu nods, resting her chin on her hand. "Shuzhen told me that over the course of their relationship, Yanchen had never introduced her as his girlfriend to his family."

Zuo Ye widens his eyes, "But they were dating for so long?"

Yanyu shrugged, "Apparently whenever Shuzhen comes, he just tell his parents she's a friend or something."

"Wait," Bangbang put a hand on Yanyu's shoulder as something clicked. "I think I once heard Jeffrey telling the same thing to Ruibin."

"Wait. Again." Kaihao interrupts, looking at Mingzhu. "Didn't you tell us that Yanchen was being teased by his cousins that's why he brought you over and introduced you as his girlfriend?"

Mingzhu nods, "It was all part of our act,"

"It really wasn't." A familiar voice made the five flinched. They all turned around and saw Xiao Gui and Xingjie standing.

Xingjie scratched his head, "Yanchen wasn't kidding when he said you really aren't easy to deal with."

Xiao Gui laughed, "I agree."

Mingzhu glared at them, "What do you guys want anyway?"

Xingjie sat down, "To make up for my mistakes and to tell you the truth."

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Bangbang asks, making sure that they weren't being manipulated.

"Believe me, he's not lying," Xiao Gui says. "He may be an asshole but he's not a liar."

"Thanks, Xiao Gui. You're a great help." Xingjie said sarcastically.

"What is it then?" Zuo Ye asks, as they all wait for an answer.

Xingjie smirked before speaking to Mingzhu. "Not once have Yanchen been teased for not introducing a girlfriend to his family."