eleven

"Wow, you have a great voice," Ruibin comments as I finish singing my part in the song. "I think you're going to win that talent show."

I laughed. I can't believe that Zheng Ruibin and I are actually having a pretty decent conversation. And I'm not even stuttering. What have I done in my past life to deserve such blessing?

"I'm back," And here comes the devil.

What have I done in my past life to deserve such cruelty?

"Hey, your girlfriend has amazing vocals," Ruibin compliments me making me blush even more.

Yanchen smirked, "Of course she is. That's why she's my girlfriend."

Ruibin nods and looks at his watch, "Well, I gotta go. I need to practice our performance too. Bye Mingzhu. See you around, bro ~"

I waved at him smiling like an idiot as he walked out the door.

I heard Yanchen clicking his tongue, "Gone for 10 minutes and this was all you can do? I should've taken the bathroom on the other side of the school."

I groaned, "I couldn't flirt or do anything, you know that. He has a girlfriend!"

"So? Jeffrey's flirting too, that doesn't stop him."

"That's because you and your ex-girlfriend are not together anymore." I snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Keep up."

Yanchen sighed, stretching his fingers, "Anyway, let's just practice."

Before I could sing the first line, we heard a few screams outside the hall. Yanchen and I looked at each other as we walked outside.

Girls - including guys - were crowding someone on the first floor. I leaned in, holding on to the railings.

I spotted a guy with a brown coat and a mask walking together with Yanyu, Zhangjing and Yanjun. The man's figure and features were a bit familiar and his height is just like -

"Holy shit," I whispered, moving out the crowd and pushing Yanchen back into the practice room.

"What? Did something die down there?" Yanchen asked, in complete shock.

"Okay," I started to fan myself to calm down. "I think - I just saw Zhang Yixing."

Yanchen laughed, "Pfft, what would Zhang Yixing be doing here 3 days before the talent show?"

"I don't know?! Trying to check if the stage is balanced enough?" I said, not thinking straight. "But I'm serious, that was him!"

Yanchen pinched my cheeks, "Stop hallucinating so much!"

I frowned as he let go of me, "Wanna bet?"

"Sure, loser gets to do something for the winner."

I smirked, "Deal."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Your eyes have a unique warmth. It’s the tomorrow that can’t be blown out. ~" I sang, trying to capture the right note again.

I sighed lying down, "I hope I don't humiliate myself in front of Zhang Yixing,"

"Pst!" I flinched, hearing someone's call. "Mingzhu ~"

I reached our for the nearest object and I ended up holding my hair dryer. "Who's there?"

"Open the window!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "The pen is in a dough?"

"Qin Mingzhu! Open this up! I'm freezing here!"

I walked closely to the window, opening it. "Who's there? Are you the tree ghost that have come to take me away? I know I forgot to water your baby plants, but please forgive me."

"Such a drama queen," A figure suddenly appeared in front of me. He was still wearing his school uniform which was already crooked.

I sighed, dropping the hair dryer, "Qin Zimo, what the hell are you doing here?"

Zimo jumped from the tree and into my window, rolling on my carpet. "I forgot my keys again. Can I stay over?"

I closed the window, feeling the cold breeze, "Why didn't you use the front door?"

"I was afraid Fen-ge would massacre me," He said, opening the little drawer under my bed. Suprisingly, it contains some of the boys' overnight clothes. They stay here a lot.

"Can you just hurry up? I still need to practice," I muttered, reading the lyric sheet again.

Zimo walked out of the bathroom. He was wearing one of Peiyao's pajamas and I'm pretty sure the shirt belongs to Zuo Ye because it literally says 'Kun loves iKuns'.

"You need to get a better shirt," I pointed out as he lied down beside me.

"Is that the song you're singing?"

I nod, "It has a nice meaning,"

Zimo took the paper from my hands while I stretched on the bed.

"I can see you holding back the pain. Those eyes that love to smile are not suited to looking sad. ~" Zimo started to sing making me almost drift off to sleep.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, "Woah, you're good."

Zimo started poking my cheeks, "And you need to go to sleep."

I yawned, slumping down on my pillow. I closed my eyes ready to go to dreamland.

I haven't felt anything right after I fell asleep except for something warm hitting my forehead, and I could hear Zimo's faint voice,

"Good night, princess."