twenty-three

ZHOU YANCHEN'S POV

"Yanchen, you coming or what?" Ruibin asked as I looked at the boys who were playing on the field.

"Maybe I'll just stay behind," I muttered.

I saw Lifen frowned as she sat next to me, "Have you tried contacting her ever since?"

It has been two weeks ever since Mingzhu and I broke up. Maybe to her it was a fake break up but to me it felt so real, because I already fell for her.

"Yanyu told me she's locked up in her room the entire vacation," Ruibin adds. "Why don't we go visit her?"

"I tried to. But Fen-ge closed the door in front of my face." I replied. "I tried asking Zuo Ye for help but he turned me down a couple of times."

"What about Zimo then?" Lifen suggests. "Out of all the boys, I heard he's the one she's closest to."

"I also heard he likes her," Her boyfriend said. "But it's worth a try. Maybe she opens up to him."

I nodded as I dialed a number and pressed call, "Zeren. Do you know where I can find Qin Zimo?"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

I walked towards an anime shop at the far end of the street. The place was a bit old and I can only see three or four people inside.

"Is this the right place?" I asked the younger boy who was standing beside me.

"It does look like a bit old," Zeren replied. "But ge, that's where Qin Zimo works."

I ruffled his hair, "Thanks. Well, wish me luck."

Zeren sent me a thumbs up as I walked inside. The bell ringing.

"Welcome! To the place where otakus can find joy and happiness and venture into the -"

I cut him off, "Where's Qin Zimo?"

The person at the front desk growled at me and called out someone at the back, "Salted fish, someone's looking for you."

"Ge, how many times have I told you to-" Zimo stopped talking as soon as he saw my face. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you,"

"Good," The person at the front desk spoke, "Now Zimo, take this young man who smiles like a sunshine into the office and you two can talk there."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

I leaned my back on the table as Zimo leaned on the door frame. It's been 3 whole minutes and none of us were saying anything.

"Nice outfit," I comment, looking at his cosplaying get-up.

Zimo rolled his eyes, "What do you want Yanchen?"

"I came to talk about Mingzhu,"

"You mean you came to talk how the girl I love and the girl you used is doing fine? Well, I'm glad to report that she's not and I'm trying the best that I can not to punch you right now." Zimo angrily said with no pause. "Congratulations for yet again breaking another girl's heart, Zhou Yanchen."

"Okay, so how long were you keeping that in?" I asked, better hear what else he wants to say about me.

He crossed his arms over his chest, "I promised Mingzhu, I wouldn't touch you and that we should just leave you alone."

"I want to take her back Zimo." I admitted. "I liked her already and all my feelings for her were genuine."

Zimo scoffed, "You expect me to help you?"

I shrugged, "I was hoping you could. You're the only one I can turn to."

"Sorry, pal, but you came to the wrong place." He opened the door, "Now, leave. Before I do something I'll regret."