twenty-five

"You don't have a car?" Bangbang asks as the boy carried Mingzhu on his back.

"You rushed me to come here," He replied.

Bangbang rolled his eyes, showing him the clothes Mingzhu bought earlier, "What am I supposed to do with these?"

"Can you take it home for now? I'll drop by your house tomorrow,"

"Do you even know where I live?" Bangbang questioned.

The latter shrugged, "How hard can it be? Now go, I'll take care of her."

"You better not do anything to her," Bangbang uttered before leaving Mingzhu in the hands of the boy she trusts.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"You are so heavy, Mingzhu, god." He muttered, carrying her on his back. "What have you been eating?"

"Hmm, Y-yanchen,"

The boy perked his ears at the mention of the name.

"What do you like about Shuzhen anyway?" Mingzhu talked as the boy listened.

"Was I not enough? Did I lack something?"

"You were always enough," The boy whispered.

"I hate you Zhou Yanchen. Why did I fall for you in the first place anyway? Do you remember our talent show? I think - I think that was the first time I grew feelings for you."

"Then I had to meet Shuzhen and I knew you still like her. Am I right? You do huh, you still love her. More than anyone else in the world."

"I was a bit happy when you told me you still didn't want her back. But the longer I stay with y-you, the more I get hurt."

The boy listened as Mingzhu's voice crack. He couldn't say anything.

"Though you told me you felt something for me, too. In the back of my mind, I want to believe you. But what if you're lying? What if you still want to use me to get to Shuzhen? If I believed your words, maybe I would've - I don't know -"

Mingzhu's tears suddenly fell on his neck.

"Mingzhu, are you crying?"

She sniffed, hugging him tight, "That's because for the first time, I finally know what love feels like and I'm happy to have felt this feeling with you, Yanchen."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

The boy walked up towards Mingzhu's house. Feeling a bit out of breath.

"I am never going to carry you ever again." He whispered, trying to reach the doorbell.

"Ge, there's someone outside!" He heard Peiyao's voice inside.

"Maybe it's Mingzhu," Zuo Ye guessed.

"Idiot! Why would she ring the bell? She has a key," The older replied.

The boy outside waited for the door to open but no one did. He pressed the doorbell again and again.

"Can someone open the door! I'm in the bathroom for pete's sake!" Qin Fen's voice boomed over the whole house.

"JING PEIYAO OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!" Han Mubo screamed, too.

Some loud banging and crash were heard from inside before someone finally opened the door.

Peiyao met the boy's eyes as he looked at Qin Fen's sister who was sleeping on his back.

"Zimo," Peiyao called out. "What happened to Mingzhu?"