Thanks J Dog

One Month Later

My eyes are suddenly open, a blinding light over my head.

"Maria? She's awake! Guys, she's awake!" The voice of Bruce Banner irrupts.

Muffled footsteps enter the room, echoing on the walls. Whispers are shared and I start coughing loudly.

"How do you feel?" Munch asks, perching at the end of my bed.

"Numb." I reply, sitting up.

"We were all so worried about you." I hear Bruce say.

"What happened?"

"You got caught in the crossfire between Jacob and Thor. It caused your body to immediately start to shut down, so we brought you back here to my lab." Bruce explains.

"You've been in a medically induced coma for about a month now, your body needed time to heal." My Dad says.

"Oh, um, well, thanks for saving me." I awkwardly say.

"You're going to have to take it easy for the next few months, no running halfway across the galaxy for a while." Bruce jokes.

"We need to get you back to Stark Tower." Dad pipes up.

"That's not a good idea Tony." Banner warns.

"Yes it is. We're leaving."

"She could-" Bruce starts.

"I said we're leaving." Dad says loudly.

I throw the bedsheets off me and realise I'm still in the same clothes I was in before I got zapped. Ugh.

My legs give way as soon as my feet touch the floor, causing me to topple over.

"I think she should stay here." Bruce repeats, helping me up.

"I don't think she should. Now come Maria."

I shakily make my way towards the door, gripping onto Munch for support.
___________
"I think I've worked it out now." I announce.

Munch and I are in my lounge, Munch sitting on the carpet and me lying on the couch, with a very fluffy blanket.

"Worked out what?" He asks.

"Loki is your Dad." I say shortly.

Munch pauses for a moment, planning his words carefully, "Correct."

"I'm not going to interrogate you about your past, but, is that why you joined SHIELD when news about Loki spread."

"Yeah, I'd been looking for him for a while, and when I heard that SHIELD was dealing with him I joined up immediately."

"Makes sense."

I switch the TV on, the new episodes of Pretty Little Liars automatically coming on.

"Oh my god, I missed like five episodes." I say.

"Same. But I think my Netflix has run out now." Munch says.

"Shame. You can watch mine." I reply, Spencer's voice loudly going round the room.

"So, what else can you do apart from the ice tricks?" I ask.

"Teleportation obviously, illusions. A lot I haven't even discovered yet."

"Miss Stark, Mr Stark has requested that you and your guest go to the dining room for dinner, Miss Potts is there also." Jarvis announces.

"Thanks J dog." I say.

We make or way to the elevator, pressing a button. When Munch and I reach the dining room, Pepper smiles at me.

Creepy.

"Hey everyone." I say sitting down.

"Hi Maria, hi Jacob." Peppers says happily.

Jesus, where does she think she is.

"So, you've been missing for a while, what happened?" She asks, sipping some wine.

"I got abducted and experimented on by aliens, I now have x-ray vision." I say.

"Oh, come on. What really happened?" Pottsy asks.

"Yeah. Jacob said it was up to you to give the story." Dad says.

I glare at Munch and he shrugs.

"Fine. A wanted criminal and I escaped in a Quinjet, said criminal is sat to my left. So off we blasted, boom, into the stars. Right, so, we're flying around to get to Asgard, when suddenly a loud noise starts and we both pass out. When we awake, well, we've been captured by some lion looking dude with sharpie on his face. We make friends with a giant, talking duck called Howard and manage to escape, but Howard stays behind to save us. Right, then we actually get to Asgard, release Loki, not my idea by the way, and Thor attacks, resulting in my near death experience."

"Wow." Is all Pottso says.

"You missed a lot guys." Jacob says.

"Well, this wouldn't have happened if you didn't supply her with a Quinjet." Dad argues.

"Oh god please." I mutter.

"Do not turn this on me." Munch defends.

"From what I've heard, you're a wanted criminal, I could hand you in to Fury right now if I wanted."

"I'm going out." I announce.

"You're not going anywhere!" Dad says.

"I can go where I want."

"Not anymore. You're confined to the tower until I know you won't run away again." Dad explains.

"You can't do that. I'm not a prisoner!" I shout, walking to the door.

A late, metal slab covers it instantly, preventing any escape. Brilliant.

"Let me out!"

"Let's calm down everyone." Pepper warns.

"He's still lying to me." I say.

"Shouting won't solve anything."

I'm fuming, I'm not a prisoner and I won't be treated like one.

I stomp my foot angrily, and as I do the floor, walls and ceiling get coated in a thin layer of ice.

"Why did you do that Jacob?" I ask.

Everyone eyes me warily around the room.

"Maria, that wasn't me. It was you."