Chapter Eleven - Conversing with a Demon

Start from the beginning

Her face was burning. "It wasn't all bad," she whispered honestly.

He growled, one massive hand reaching out for her. She tensed but didn't move away as he gently stroked his claws through her hair. "I would very much like to pleasure you again."

Her heart slammed in her chest. Holy shit.

He groaned. "I can hear your heart, little one. Does that excite you?"

He can hear my heart! She had to clear her throat before she could answer. "It's the way you talk."

One of his claws caressed her cheek. He leaned down close, those golden eyes gleaming, his face a shadow. Her breath caught. "I could lick you again, make you scream with pleasure. Would you like that?"

Her eyes widened. Desire shot through her, sharp and intense. She attempted to speak and failed, clearing her throat.

He backed away from her, rubbing a hand over his chest. "I told myself I wouldn't touch you tonight."

"Why...why not?" Touch me! Kiss me. Do whatever you want to me. Her own thoughts shocked her.

He exhaled loudly, as if in pain. "I would not be able to stop. And as you said earlier, little one, your body can't handle me again tonight."

She softened. He doesn't want to hurt me again.

Sebastian took another step back, clearing his throat nervously. "I would like to spend time with you..."

Her stomached fluttered. There was her demon from last night. One moment he was sexy and confident, the next bashful and unsure. She appreciated the fact that he asked, instead of just taking. I may end up really liking him, her mysterious golden eyed demon.

Crossing her legs she sat forward on the bed. "What would you like to talk about?"

He stilled for a moment, as if surprised she'd agreed. Then he snagged a chair by the fireplace and dragged it over. Taking a seat he leaned forward, only inches from her. "Do you like your room?"

"Yes. It's beautiful thank you."

He sucked in a breath before asking in a rush, "How is that you were still innocent?"

He had to ask her that! She shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant. "I guess I didn't have much time for relationships."

"Why not?"

"I worked a lot. Between that and caring for my father there wasn't much time for me." Dropping her gaze she fidgeted with her nightgown. "Plus, I'm awkward," she admitted. And nerdy. And clumsy. Not to mention dirt poor. Honestly, who would want that?

Those golden eyes flicked over her face. "I think you're beautiful," he murmured roughly.

God damn, if she didn't stop blushing she was going to pass out from blood loss. "Thank you."

He shifted in his seat, clearing his throat again. "Are you upset about last night?"

Could this be any more awkward? "No. I don't know. I think I'm more confused." She had not expected to feel such desire for him, or so much pleasure. And now she couldn't stop thinking about him.

He stared at her in the darkness before asking, "You are not angry with me?"

"Why would I be angry with you?" she asked softly.

"I hurt you."

"I know you didn't mean too-"

"You don't know that," he cut her off angrily. His hand moved towards her before he stopped, snatching it back.